Chapter 6 - Tales for sharing

It had been the night before the successful security guard's day shift. Balloon Boy had been visiting Bonnie shortly after everyone had left the building. It was a meeting outside of the Parts & Service, but this time, Balloon Boy had been determined to enter the room and see if the withered animatronics in side would really try to rip him bit from bit. Keeping his sign and a helium tank with him, Balloon Boy went to the room.

Slowly, the door creaked open. A sharp voice made Balloon Boy jump.

"Balloon Boy!" It was Bonnie! Despite not having a face, Balloon Boy knew the expression on Bonnie's face. Terror.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered quietly. "Don't you know that these guys could hurt you?"

"You didn't!"

"Well... fine. I don't want to end up bickering all night." Bonnie must have been aware of there being a lack of a security guard tonight.

Suddenly, gentle footsteps could be heard.

"Get down!" whispered Bonnie.

Balloon Boy didn't do anything.

"Get down!" Bonnie pushed Balloon Boy to the ground to at least temporarily keep him out of the sight of whoever was approaching.

Balloon Boy looked at the feet of the figure. They looked like orange talons. Chica.

"Bonnie, what are you doing?" Chica looked at Bonnie, her broken jaw hanging.

"I... uhh..." Bonnie shyly looked at Chica.

"Who's this?" Chica looked down at Balloon Boy. "He looks adorable!"

Balloon Boy looked up at Chica. "I'm Balloon Boy. One of the... uhh... newer animatronics."

Bonnie flinched. Did he think Chica was going to attack?

Chica looked at Balloon Boy with her eyes. They were smaller than the sockets. Instead of launching an attack, she had a curious tone in her voice. "What's it like?"

"There are some happy kids, some sad kids, some annoying, some bratty. But all and all, it's good."

"Sounds just like the old days..." Chica had sadness in her tone, but seemed to have a nostalgic feel. Balloon Boy could only interpret the tones instead of the emotion from these two, from their lack of a face, and an open mouth and no eyelids.

Perking up, Chica looked at Bonnie. "Remember the one kid that was so scared of us, he peed himself?"

Bonnie's voicebox broke into a chuckle. "Heh heh, yeah."

"Those were the days, eh?" Chica nudged Bonnie with her right arm affectionately. It appeared that both of Chica's arms were outstretched.

"Heh heh..." Bonnie shyly scraped the floor with his foot. Did he like Chica in that way? (Umad, Foxy x Chica shippers?)

"Could you tell me what it was like in the first generation?" Balloon Boy suddenly spit out.

Suddenly, another voice spoke up. It was deep and gruff. Freddy... Balloon Boy guessed. It obviously had to be him. It felt strange knowing two Freddies, Two Bonnies, Two Chicas, and soon... maybe two Foxies. (They are intended to be spelt like this.)

"It was amazing at one point, but eventually, the building was left to rot." Freddy murmured.

"They tried fitting us with the new attire," a new voice spoke up. Who else could it be but Foxy?

Balloon Boy secretly scowled. He wasn't very fond of Mangle, and wasn't sure he would be fond of Foxy either.

"But," Foxy continued on. "They just gave up on us and spent a fortune on those... those pieces of plastic."

Rage flared inside of Balloon Boy. "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" It seemed as if Bonnie had covered for him.

"Well, he's new. Along with that puppet." Foxy said.

"Not exactly..." Balloon Boy said. "Toy Freddy said that I had been a redo of a reject counterpart."

"Who was your counterpart?" Chica had a curious tone in her voice.

Balloon Boy shifted his foot. "Well, I think it was a female, but then again, nobody was meant to change genders. Though they may have just gotten spare parts... just for me. It was just a head though."

"Now... let's not get a head of ourselves," Bonnie blurted out.

Chica looked unimpressed, despite the lack of eyelids and ability to close her jaw. 'You're so punny," she said with sarcasm.

"Hey, I'm not done yet!" Balloon Boy remarked, slight annoyance in his tone. "Anyway, they were originally planning me to be with the Puppet. Handing out gifts, and I'd have to have a different voice box and to be named... Gifty Girl."

"Gifty Girl? Geez, I feel sorry for you," Bonnie said. "Come now, I'll tell you all about what it was like in the old days."

After the story was finished, Balloon Boy had said his farewell to the others. He carefully exit the Parts & Service room so he didn't distract any of the other toys. Carefully walking, he felt he was safe until he recognized the familiar blue of Toy Bonnie and the endoskeleton of Mangle.

Reluctantly, Balloon Boy spoke up. "Evening, er... gentlemen!" Immediately, Balloon Boy felt it was the wrong thing to say. Stupid! Why the hell didn't you just say something else? Oh right, because you're nervous. Nobody can avoid looking suspicious when nervous...

"Balloon Boy, where were you?" Mangle glared at Balloon Boy.

"I was... uhh... practicing my steps until the new security guard came in tomorrow."

Mangle's eyelids dropped. He was clearly angry. "And you're doing that by going into the Part and Service room? Don't lie to me. you were in there, weren't you?"

Balloon Boy nodded.

"Are you crazy?" Toy Bonnie spoke before Mangle. "Those are the withereds in there! Our old counterparts! They'll tear you apart!"

"You don't understand!"

"No, you don't understand where you should be, and when." Toy Bonnie argued. "Actually, on second thought, go back in there. It would be great to not hear your annoying laughter."

"Bonnie!" Mangle exclaimed.

"You know, I resented you ever since day one of killing security guards. You're horrid and you just can't grow up. Sure, you're supposed to resemble a kid, but can't you just be more mature than laughing?" Toy Bonnie went face to face with Balloon Boy. "I bet you'll be forgotten about, too."

The heating and malfunctioning in Balloon Boy was so high that he just literally exploded, screeching "How about you grow up and stop making fun of me, you piece of plastic!" All he could do was go on. "All you care about is fame and fortune. Well guess what? It's not called Toy Bonnie's Pizzeria! It's called Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria!"

Toy Bonnie glared at Balloon Boy. "You're just a piece of plastic as I am," he remarked rudely, a sneer on his face. "At least I have dignity."

Suddenly, Balloon Boy whipped out his helium tank and quickly slammed Toy Bonnie on the head with it. It looked as if it could hurt, though as animatronics, they couldn't feel physical pain like humans did. Not waiting to see what he said, Balloon Boy stormed off to his waiting place.