Story

Everything was a blur. He tried blinking a few times. It didn't help. He tried rubbing his eyes instead. Didn't work either. He stayed lying down for a few more moments before his vision started to clear up. He sat up and looked around. It looked like a hospital room. Then he looked down... he was on a table. He took a closer look at the room around him, and there were dead bodies lying on tables surrounding him all over the room. It took almost a full minute for him to realize what was going on.

"No..." he whispered. "No way..."

He leapt up and ran out of the room. He ran down a dark hallway and kept running until he reached an exit door. He pushed the door open and ran out the building. It was the middle of the night. He was virtually in the middle of nowhere. He turned around and took a look at the building he had been in. It was a gray building labeled as "Cooper County Morgue".

"NO!" he yelled.

His head was spinning. He started running away from the building. He kept running until he was out of breath. He looked around again. The building was no longer in view, and he was in the middle of the road. He started walking slowly. He kept walking and walking for almost two hours before he saw a small neighborhood in the distance. He picked the pace back up and started walking faster, persisting until he reached the town. He ended up on a street with mostly brick houses aligned together. He saw a middle-aged man walking his dog. He went up to the man.

"What date is it?" he said. The man looked baffled and didn't respond. "HEY WHAT'S THE FUCKING DATE?"

"Alright, mate, chill," the man said. "September 17, 2015. Come on now."

"And where am I?"

"Uh, St. Peter's Street."

"City?"

"Douglas City."

"Any police stations nearby?"

"Erm, yeah, there's one right outside this neighborhood."

"Okay."

He walked away without another word. The man shrugged to himself and continued walking.

He walked down the street, and once he made it to the end of the street, he saw a small police station just across the road. He entered the police station and was greeted by a mustached man who was in the middle of writing something on his legal pad at his desk.

"Somebody help me," he growled.

"Alright, calm down, what's your name and what's going on?" the mustached man asked.

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW OKAY? JUST... GET ME SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP, GODDAMN IT!"

"Alright! Stay calm, someone will be with you shortly." The mustached man got up and informed another police officer.

He waited about a minute before the police officer had him follow him into an interview room. The room was mostly dark with a few lights scattered around in the ceiling, and there was a brown table in the middle with two chairs on each side. The officer invited him to sit on one of the chairs, and then the officer sat on another chair across from him.

"Alright, what can I help you with?"

"I woke up in a morgue, and I can't remember anything. I can't remember my name, who I am, where I came from... anything."

"A morgue?" the officer questioned. "Are you sure about that? You sure it wasn't just a hospital room or anything?"

"Yes!"

"How long ago was this?"

"Just a few hours ago."

"And you're sure you can't remember anything? Not a single detail from your life? The very first thing you ever remember is waking up in that morgue?"