chapter 1

AN: whole story is in Tris POV unless written otherwise.

I was walking home from the tatoo parlor. I was taking time walking down the long hallways to my house. I stopped at door, FT46. I went to open the door but it flew wide open.

Tobias never leaves the door open, I hope every thing is all right. I thought to my self. I hear noises coming from the bed room and squeaking noises.

I slowly walk in not wanting to be noticed and what I see breaks my heart into a million pieces. There is an almost naked Marlene on top of a shirtless Tobias.

Tobias sees me and quickly pushes Marlene off him on to the floor.

"Tris this is not what it looks like, please just listen" he pleads.

Anger and pure disgust and betrayal is coursing through my veins like blood.

"Its not what it looks like Tobias, if that is true than what the hell is going on because what is see is my now ex-boyfriend cheating on me with one of my closet friends!" I tried to stay calm, but that clearly did not work.

I turn my direction to Marlene only to be met with an evil smirk plastered on her face.

"Tris its actually not what it looks. It looks like he actually cared about you and loved you. But in reality he loves me."

First she makes out with my boyfriend and then she insults me. I don't think so!

I launch my self at her and immediately start punching her face. She tries to fight back but I am just to strong for her.

I slowly back up, pleased with what I had just done. That's when I realize that this has probably happened before.

"How long, Tobias, how long!?" I ask him without looking at him.

"9 months" I hear him mumble. It takes all my will power to not kill him. I do the best thing possible in this situation. Leave.

I walk through the open door and into the hallway with tears streaming down my face. I keep walking until I hit something hard but soft.

I look up for once and see that it was Uriah's chest. I hope he doesn't ask questions.

"I'm sorry Tris I didn't see you there." He apologizes. I try to say something but they get caught in my throat and are muffled by sobs.

I collapse onto the ground against the wall. Uriah comes and sits next to me wrapping his strong arms around my small frame.

"Tris, you can tell me what happened, you can trust me." Uriah whispers in my ear.

"Four cheated on me with Marlene" is all can say before another wave of tears overtake me.

"He didn't deserve you, Tris. Your beautiful, smart, selfless, kind, and brave. If he couldn't see that you are perfect in every single way he is stupid."

"Thank you Uri, you don't know how much that meant to me."

I squirm out of his grasp and stand up. So many things are going through my mind. I just need to go some where and try to go to sleep.

"Umm Uriah I don't mean to be an inconvenience but do you think I could stay at your place for a while until I can get my own?"

"Sure Tris anything for you."