Chapter 10

Aera's POV:

The gun lets out a loud bang that echoes throughout the room. The bullet hit about 3 inches away from the center of the target. I nodded satisfied and turned around to face Yuta. He had a surprised but also serious expression on his face with his mouth slightly agape.

"Did you learn to shoot before?" He asked, still surprised.

I shook my head "Nope, this is actually my first time shooting a gun." Other than the alleyway but I decided not to mention that.

He creased his eyebrows and took a few more notes. "Hm... alright. How about you try shooting again? Maybe with a different gun this time...How about a sniper-type gun?"

"Sure." I gave him a smile and he gave one back. Except this time it seemed a bit more strained.

Yuta hands me a gun that was three times bigger than the small pistol I was holding. It was slender and narrow with a small zoom built into it. I hold the gun getting a feel for it and set it down on the small table in front of us. I look through the sight, and aim it to the center of the target.

Once I felt like it was centered I pulled the trigger. I looked up to see where it landed and it was dot perfect in the center. I raised an eyebrow at myself and looked up to see Yuta.

He had a grim expression but once he noticed I was looking at him he immediately covered it up with a forced smile. "That's actually really good. Even some of our best snipers can't shoot that well on the first try, including me."

He gave a weak smile, and continued writing on the paper. Winwin enters the room and walks over to Yuta. "I'm done."

Yuta looks up at him with a smile and says, "Great! Let's wrap up for the day in that case."

Winwin nods and begins to walk away until Yuta says, "Oh by the way, Aera's really good at shooting. I was thinking of giving her a sniper position. She's really good for a beginner."

Winwin raises his eyebrows and looks over to me. He chuckles and replies, "She's not a beginner."

He walks out of the room and Yuta looks over to me with a puzzled expression. I shrug and walk past him, avoiding eye contact.

"...Well then, let's head back to the main training room."

I nod and we walk back. As we were walking, it seemed as if Yuta was thinking about something, but couldn't exactly put a finger on it. I shrugged it off. Yuta heads over to the center of the room and makes an announcement. "Okay, everyone. Let's wrap up for today. Make sure you grab whatever you brought here."

People stop training and head over to the mats to find their belongings. Yuta turns to me and says, "You did good today, Aera. Your reflexes are quick, and you have good strength. You seem to have a knack for guns, so I'll see how you do for the next few days, and then I'll consider giving you a sniper position. But I think we need to work on your stamina, so tomorrow I'll get someone to help you with that. I put you down in Group D, and groups C and D are training tomorrow, so don't forget. They'll make two announcements, so make sure you listen carefully." He laughs and says, "Sorry, I know that was a lot to take in."

I smile and shake my head, "No, I understand. Thank you."

He nods and replies, "Well then, I'll see you tomorrow. Make sure you get enough rest."

He begins walking before he stops in his tracks and turns around, facing me. "Oh and one more thing. Get your wrists bandaged so it'll recover faster. We can try weightlifting next week if they're better by then."

I look down at my wrists, and cover them up. So that's why he didn't make me lift weights today. I look back up at Yuta. I nod and give a small smile.