17

Quick note- you may seen deceitful has been taken down that is because i feel as though i rushed the story to much so i will be we writing it :)

The life of a surgeon is unpredictable , one minute you could be dealing with a headache and bloody nose, the next you have multiple tumours on your hands. Each day was different in all kinds of ways. Each day you were tested to the limit. How far were you willing to be tested and pushed each day was the question.

Things moved quickly, things never stood still. Unless you are in the OR. In there everything feels like it is standing still.

It had already been a week since they had confessed their love for eachother, since that day they seemed to keep progressing more and more. Into the couple they desired to be.

"Chief wants residents and attending's in reception"Miranda instructed walking into the staff area. Everyone stood walking towards reception.

"Good morning"Derek cheered joining as they walked. 

"Morning"Mark chuckled to him as they gathered.

Arizona, Callie, Addison, Preston, Derek,Mark, Alex, Izzie, George and Cristina had already gathered before the chief.

"Right, good morning i have an announcement"Richard placed his hands together.  "The trial against Ellis Grey begins next week as we all know so please be mindful. However that is not the news i have. Today we have three new members of staff joining. Chief of Trauma and two 1st year residents" Richard smiled as the two new residents stood beside him. Both smiling. As Richard went to speak again the Grey sisters walked around the corner.

"Wait, Mer. Is that April and Jackson"Lexie beamed. Meredith looked up. Her heart filling with happiness. Jackson's eyes clocked them as did April's. It was in reunions like these professionalism drained. "April, Jackson"Lexie called out their paces quickening.

"Oh my god. Its you too"April smiled running from her space on the stairs to the girls, followed by Jackson.

"Meet Doctor Jackson Avery and Doctor April Kepner. They both have transferred from Chicago"Richard smiled as all gazes turned.

"There they are. How i missed you four."Owen smiled walking. With a big smile

"And Doctor Owen Hunt. Also from Chicago"Richard explained "As you know Meredith and Lexie Grey are from Chicago's training program. Chicago's hospital was shut down. We took on who we believed fits our team. We took on who will make a difference."Richard clapped as did the others. Separating for their day, that would be far from normal.

The day began smoothly, like any other. Meredith worked within trauma alongside April and  Owen.  

Lexie had been with Derek,Mark and Cristina on a case that required Plastics, Neuro and Cardio. 

"Hey guys, meet April and Jackson"Lexie smiled introducing them to the table. 

The pair sat down, interacting. Fitting in instantly.

"So you four were Doctor Hunt's interns"Alex asked

"We were. However Meredith and Lexie worked under someone else too."Jackson smiled

"I am going to beat around the bush. Avery. As in Harper Avery"Mark questioned. Jackson laughed and nodded his head.

"Yes, but that doesn't define the surgeon i plan on becoming. Where is other Grey"He frowned looking for her. 

"She is with her lawyer about Ellis"Lexie alerted. He went eye wide.

"Finally. How is she after everything."He questioned.

"She is thriving honestly. Have you met Doctor Derek Shepherd. He is the chief of neuro surgery but he is also Mer's boyfriend. Doctor Mark Sloan here is my partner"Lexie spoke proudly.

"I am so happy for you girls. I never thought i would see the day.You guys were always the ones to skip the pubs and parties even in Med School"April grinned.

"You guys even went to med school together"Cristina asked.

"We did. I have know Meredith since we were 18"April and Jackson spoke. 

They were settling in perfectly already, like Richard said he had chosen the best people for the job.

April and Callie wandered off to a page they had received as the others headed back to rounds and pre ops.

/

His heart had been broken. Now he wanted to seek revenge on the doctors that caused it. His darling wife had suffered the most horrific injuries weeks before.

Meredith, Callie and Miranda had worked the case but it was Meredith and Callie who pronounced her dead and notified the husband of the death.

Now here he stood. A gun in his pocket. Acting as though he hadn't already killed two nurses already. 

His expression blank as he walked. 

Everyone oblivious to his goal. 

His main aim.

His targets being Meredith and Callie. 

/

Her body, her lifeless body was found, a gunshot to the head. Laying in a pool of her own blood.

People were working, walking, operating when their pagers went off. Alerting them of a lockdown. Alerting them that there was a man. A man with a gun who had by then claimed 5 lives. 

Lexie, Cristina, Derek and Mark were walking when their pagers went off, but the pagers weren't the warning. It was the series of shots. Constant shots that scared them.

Derek felt his heart throb. The memories flooding back. The memories of when his father was shot down and killed before his eyes.  He did the thing he knew to do. Protect.

"In here"He whispered pulling them into a supply cupboard, locking the door. "We need to keep quiet okay"He warned.

Lexie nodded her head, shaking with absolute fear. Mark grabbed her trembling hand. Kissing her head softly.

"Where was Meredith"Cristina spoke quietly with caution.

"Her and Callie were with April. They had a patient together"Lexie gulped, cuddling into Mark. The time had stopped in their eyes, The world had stopped orbiting.

But who would die?

Who else would he kill?

Would he find those he wanted?

Or would it be a day of blood, tears, loss and pressure for the surgeons.