Saved By An Unexpected Vampire

Summary: What if Lexi ended up in a prison world with Kai before she could go to peace? What if Damon ended up in that same prison world after dying in future S8, instead of going off to peace? What will ensue when Damon has to save Lexi from Kai?

A/N: Having to come up with this, because someone on Wattpad is requesting for me to do another Dexi fanfic.

It was a beautiful day in the prison world. Lexi had been here having to deal with Kai, because when she'd attempted to find herself some peace, she'd ended up here, instead. She wasn't thrilled, but usually could take care of herself. She didn't know what would happen to her if she died here, but she knew this being his prison world, he couldn't die for good or for long. She'd tried. And she wasn't as smart as Katherine to have a plan of how to deal with him. She wasn't Damon, either. She was usually happy not to be any of those two, but right now, she wished she had some guidance of what to do about the Gemini witch. He'd proven time and time again, smarter than her, which meant he'd had too much time to think about how to get himself out of this prison world. And he clearly never liked it when people tried or threatened to leave it without him tagging along. That's what led to her against a wall of the prison world's version of the boarding house, Kai having pinned her there. She was 300 sum years old, but she wasn't as smart as most vampires in this situation. She'd never been up against a witch before, much less a Gemini witch. She'd made very few enemies over her 300 sum years. Her first hundred though, she'd been on her own, because she'd been the only survivor when the town had burned down the house she'd grown up in. Her only sibling had died in that fire, so as a vampire, she'd had to learn to deal on her own. And she sure as hell wasn't as strong as most vampires, since most vampires would be older than her. Lexi usually liked to compromise, but with Kai being who he was, compromise was out the door, and she didn't think anyone else would be ending up here that would or could save her. She just needed to figure out a way to save herself.

"You could've worked with me to get out of here, but you chose not to. And now, by the time I'm done with you, if this doesn't kill you, you're going to wish you could die," Kai told her, a hand on her shoulder, syphoning her vampirism that was technically magic. There was also a dagger in her leg that he'd stabbed her with earlier during an earlier fight, which wasn't exactly normal. He couldn't do magic without syphoning, but he could use things that could make him or help him do magic.

She was about to say something back to him, when she saw one of her least favorite people walk in. He hadn't been in here before as long as she'd been here, so she assumed he'd just gotten here. She didn't have to say anything though, because the moment Damon saw him and then what he was doing or even trying to do to her, he blurred behind him. Then he grabbed Kai and pinned him onto a table.

"You're starting to be the biggest pain in my ass. Last time I checked, we already killed you."

Lexi was on the floor still against the wall, this time with blurry vision. And as she stayed there, she saw him kill him, which she knew was only temporary for Kai.

After he'd temporarily killed the pain in the ass Gemini, the elder Salvatore that hadn't always been a fan of her, blurred over to kneel in front of her. He'd never been much of a fan of her, but that had been because he'd always been the bad parts of being a vampire, which she'd always hated. He was pretty sure that scale was higher on her board now though, because he'd killed her several years ago to be on the council's good terms at the time. Despite that though, he wouldn't let anything happen to her, technically dead or not.

"It's been a long time," he greeted her. The last time she'd been half way there had been a few years or so ago when she'd helped them get Stefan back on track again.

"Damon?" she weakly inquired of him.

"I'm here. It's going to be okay," he replied. He then slid an arm behind her. "Stay with me, Lexi," he added, as he slid an arm under legs. He then gently picked her up, before blurring upstairs. Then, once in his room, he gently layed her down in his bed. Then, before dealing with her any further, he blurred downstairs and locked and chained Kai up in the basement.

When he came back, he sat on her bedside with a first-aid in hand. In the real world, they'd deal with this differently, but here, blood didn't exist, apart from himself or Kai to help any. He knew her weakness had to be from the syphoning, but he didn't know what was on or in the dagger to make her pale.

He grabbed wash cloth and used it to pull out the dagger, being cautious just in case there was anything on the handle. After all, he couldn't help her if he had the same thing as her. He then used some of the first-aid to take care of her wound. He assumed that it had to be some kind of poison since she was still quite pale and weak, and her wound wasn't healing fast like it would for a vampire usually. And knowing Kai, he wouldn't be useful, because he'd just lie about the kind of poison it was. He just had to get her out of here as soon as he could.

He rested a hand on the side of her face. She wasn't everyone else he knew, so he didn't know what he could say to keep her awake.

"Stay with me, blondie," he called, and took out the ascendant, hoping he didn't have to wait for anything special this time to leave. He then got it ready and, before he knew it, they were out of there and back in the real world in their town. And so, with a weak and possibly poisoned Lexi in his arms, he blurred for the hospital. It was the first thing he could think of that could at least semi help her.

In the end, she got cured and they eventually became a couple. And so, everyone lived and Kai was still stuck in the prison world.