37. gifts

Chuck and Maia's friends trickled into the orphanage compound wondering what the "surprise" was as indicated in the invitation they received. Some of the kids welcomed the guests and brought them to the playground. Everyone was clueless about the details of the party. The guests were offered drinks and snacks. Some of the guests were speculating why they were invited for a party at the orphanage. They knew that Maia was now the owner and CEO of the company. They guessed that perhaps the party had something to do with Ian's adoption; or Chuck and Maia were going to adopt another child. When the guests had settled in their seats, Ginny took the mic and welcomed everyone. She called on Chuck and Maia to stand front and center.

"Okay everyone, just look at Chuck and Maia, okay? In three, two, one!" Ginny instructed. Suddenly, a loud explosion happened.

Everyone was startled with the loud sound and it took a while for some, most specially the men, to understand what just happened. Pearlyn said, "Pink! Babae!" The girls rushed to Maia and hugged and congratulated her and Chuck.

"Blue! Boy!" Rubilyn exclaimed. This prompted some of Chuck's male friends to start congratulating him.

After a while, Chuck took the mic. "Everyone, thank you all for coming. Yes, Maia is pregnant. Like you, we just found out that we're having twins! Before coming over, Maia and I were just guessing our baby's gender since this was originally supposed to be a birth announcement and gender reveal party. But yes! Twins! Two! And a boy and girl!" Chuck gushed. Their guests applauded.

Maia took the mic from Chuck. "Gusto rin namin ipakilala ang dalawa pa naming anak na sina Pearlyn at Rubilyn. Wow! Una, dalawa lang kami ni Chuck tapos dumating si Ian."

"Me! Mommy!" Ian squealed and everyone giggled.

"Ngayon, may dalawa kaming Ate at may dadating pang kambal!" Maia beamed.

Chuck his arms around the two girls. The guests applauded and congratulated the couple and the children.

The party continued with games and fun for everyone. After a few hours, Chuck said that the little family needed to pack their bags.

"Bakit?" Maia asked as they headed home.

"We're spending the weekend out of town."

"Wala kang trabaho sa Monday?"