Chapter 1

March 19, 2020 (update): I'm so so sorry for disappearing for almost four years! I posted something in my profile if you're curious about what happened. I'll try my best to finish editing this story. Thank you all! I'm touched at the fact that people are still reading this story until now even without any update. The number of reads and likes of this story is ridiculous! I can't thank you guys enough!

[ Edited on April 22, 2016 ]

_____

There was someone outside her room.

The door slowly creaked open, enabling a shaft of light to split the darkness that enveloped her room. Alexandra stared at the door, wide-eyed as a head popped inside. "Hey, puppy." The tension within her was released and she instantly relaxed as her father smiled at her. "Dinner's ready."

The brunette became excited at the mentioning of food, hopping out of her bed faster than her father anticipated. "Has Mother brought me milk?" She inquired as she stepped out of towards the hall with her father at her side. He thoughtfully scratched at his chin before shaking his head.

"She hasn't gotten back yet."

The smile visibly dropped from her lips as Alexandra nodded silently. Her mother usually came back just in time for dinner after visiting their Luna. Alexandra smiled at the thought of the possibilities of her mother bringing back some cookies from the Alpha's house. Luna Katherine had always made the best chocolate chip cookies in the pack.

Her father ruffled her hair playfully, chuckling. "You can go and meet her outside if you want. She might arrive any minute." A smile brightened up Alexandra's features as she nodded at her father. "Just don't drink all of the milk pup—" her father barely finished his sentence when Alexandra bolted down the stairs, giggling with excitement.

Brian and Carlos were already stuffing their faces with the roast Wesley made for them when she walked past them at the kitchen and through the back door where she retrieved her flats. Alexandra turned around and passed her brothers who were fighting over a slice. "Gluttons." She mumbled just as she reached their front door.

In no time, she had already stepped outside of their house. Alexandra tilted her head back to stare at the beautiful vermilion streaks in the already-darkening sky. An awed look crossed her face for a moment before she turned towards the forest.

There were no pathways, of course. She took tentative steps towards the edge of their yard, eyeing the eerily silent forest before her.

It was strange how the forest was silent. It usually was alive during twilight with the strange animals living in there.

She continued forward, trudging slowly through the forest undergrowth. Her feet would sometimes slip on a rock or an exposed tree root. The fourteen year old lifted a low-lying branch out of her way as she continued deeper into the forest. By then, there was already little light as the day transitioned into night; light into darkness.

There were voices, speaking lowly and almost inconspicuous within the protection of the forest. She stopped walking, straining her ears to hear more of the hushed conversation from a distance. Alexandra carefully made her way towards the source of the sounds and hid behind a tree, her heart beating wildly within her chest.

Her hands were slightly shaking as she nervously moved her head to see who were talking. "I suppose he sent you here?" The brunette's eyes widened when she recognized her mother. She was eyeing one of the large, four hulking men carefully. Alexandra couldn't recognize any of them—not with their backs facing her. What confused her was the fact that her mother seemed... calm even if she was surrounded by them.