Chapter 10

Hange's POV:

Your probably thinking why I haven't talked about my older sister very much. Well that's cuz she hates me. But I don't hate her though. She forbade me to let her name slip out of my and I quote 'dirty mouth'. Your probably wondering why she hates me so much.

~Flashback~

When I was born I looked exactly like my mom. When I was very little me and my sister got along pretty well. We would play for hours. Mom said it was like we were besties. I loved her green eyes and dark black hair. She was like a girl version of dad. But when we entered school that's when things changed for the worst.

I was very smart. Intelligent in fact, according to my teachers. I always got high grades and aced every test. My sister on the other hand... She's the complete opposite. She isn't that smart as I am. She envied me.

I would see her struggle with home work and I would help her out with it. Whenever I do she would get a little upset. But today she snapped.

"Ehe, sis, it's not that hard hehe" I say a bit playfully

"Easy for you to say smarty pants"

"Well I guess but, just a little more and you can probably answer this with ease"

"A little more? I've been studying all night moron"

"Just do more I guess... Practice makes perfect!"

"DO MORE?? WHAT ELSE CAN I POSSIBLY DO?! THAT'S NOT FAIR! YOUR THE LITTLE ONE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE TEACHING YOU!! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND" my sister screamed at me

"B-but I'm just trying to help Kir-" I was cut off by her yelling at me again

"DON'T YOU DARE LET MY NAME SLIP OUT OF YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!!"

My mom came rushing to us

"Kira that's enough!" My mom said with a stern angry voice

"Can't you see Hange's efforts just to please you? You never have appreciated them"

"WELL HAVE YOU SEEN MY EFFORTS?? IT'S ALWAYS HANGE THIS HANGE THAT! UGH I'M SO TIRED OF ALL OF IT!"

"Kira, what made you think me and your father don't see your efforts? Every night I see you studying, you won't stop until you fully understand what your learning, sure Hange has higher academic grades than you but you don't have to prove anything to me, Kira. I love you just the way you are"

Kira started crying. She pushed me and mom out of the room and slammed the door in our face.

"Kira!" my mom said while banging at Kira's door

"Fine, we'll leave you to be"

A week past since that incident. Right now Kira's 11 and I'm 10

It was 2am. I heard Kira's door creak. I put on my glasses on and started walking out of my room. I saw Kira wearing a backpack.

"Ki-" I paused "Sis, what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving obviously"