I Met Her

He panicked.

Human meat? Absolutely not! She's a human!

He saw her is getting quite uncomfortable. Her face looked like it's gonna cry. He panicked even more as he walked around the level to find something that he could use to feed the baby.

He spotted a bottle of water and two bottles of milk. One is yellow and the other one is white.

'Milk? Water? Yes, maybe I could use that.' He sighed in relief and jogged towards the recources, trying not  to wake the baby up.

But oh, how unlucky he is.

The baby woke up to the sudden change in speed and cried. Loudly.

He stuffed the her's mouth with some leftover cloth from the shirt and took all three bottles of liquid. He quickly ran to find a place to hide.

You see, Level 1 is an euclidean level. Unlike Level 0, the baby will cry and maybe someone will hear it, but they cannot reach it somehow, because it's non-euclidean. You could leave an item behind you and walk two steps then turn around, just to find out that the thing is gone.

But it's not level 0 the baby's crying in right now. It's level 1, the level with one of the biggest M.E.G bases. If they found him, he could get killed.

Leona stopped crying and she began to suck on the blood stained cloth. Congratulations, looks like the first thing the baby will taste in her life is human blood. Who knows? Maybe she'll grow up to become a cannibal? 

"It's definitely from over here, Nick!" A wild human's voice echoed through the empty hallway. His friend sighed, not believing what he said. 

"No, I don't hear it at all. Are you sure that you aren't dreaming or hallucinating, Lucas?" His friend, which apparently his name is Nick, asked him.

"I'm not dreaming you know! And I quit doing drugs since I got here! It's true!" He yelled at him. 

The partygoer, who's hiding behind a storage box, tried to control his breathing. Meanwhile Leona went to sleep again, while sucking on the cloth. He looked at the baby's peaceful sleeping face and smiled.

'I'm gonna make it, Leona. Just watch me.' He said in his mind as he put the baby down. He quietly grabbed the knife in his bag, getting ready to attack. 

'I'll protect you. ' His breathing gets quieter as the two men began approaching him. 

They're getting closer. 

Their footsteps began to get nearer.

He gets his breath under control, and gets into position. 

'Remember my promise, little one.'

And he striked. 

The two man began to shoot at him. He kept on a happy face as always, and evaded all the attacks. One bullet almost went through his head, but he quickly dodged. 

He snapped the neck of the first man, who is also known as Lucas. 

"Lucas!!" His friend shouted his name. Unfortunately, he remained silent, as his soul is no longer with his body. 

"You.. You heartless monster! I'll make you pay for that!" He ran forward and shot, aiming for his head. The partygoer moved silently, as he went behind Nick and sliced his neck. 

He stared at the corpses for a while and went back beside the storage box. He picked up Leona and sat there. He thought about something for a while. 

The big question. 

How do you feed the milk to the baby? 

He got an idea. He took out the white milk and the pair of jeans from his bag. He looked at the labels on the milk bottle. The words on the label spells out 'Lucky O'Milk'.  The ingredients are made out of 100% pure soy beans. One question lingers in his mind. Can this baby survive with this milk alone? 

"Are you trying to feed the baby?" He heard a voice coming from behind. An innocent looking young girl stood beside the storage box. Her long hair is blonde with black highlights, and it was tied into a side ponytail. Accompanied by her blue eyes and black hoodie, she looks cute.

The partygoer quickly stood up and turned behind, facing the girl. He almost spilled the milk,  but luckily he didn't. 

"What? Tryna kill me?" She asked and scoffed. 

"Relax, I won't hurt you nor the baby. I just want to make sure it was okay. You don't really have ill intentions towards the baby, do you?" She raised her hands. 

"How do you know about that?" He asked. 

"Hmm.. The fact that you hadn't killed him, maybe? I mean, if you wanna kill him, you could've just done it, you know? I also thought that maybe you're gonna raise the baby to eat it by yourself, but if you think of it, it'll be much more easier to kill someone else. I don't know, really, I just followed my guts." She explained. 

"Are you wondering how to feed the baby?" She asked him, trying to make him less worry. She got out a syringe out of a bag which she took out of her own bag. "Maybe you can use this, don't you think?" She handed the syringe to the partygoer. 

"C'mon, take it." She offered again, seeing that he was hesitating to trust her. 

He finally took it and sat down beside the storage box. He shook the baby a little to wake it up. The little human opened up her eyes and he filled the syringe and slowly fed her. 

"So what's his name?" She asked. The partygoer ignored her and kept feeding the baby. She understood that the partygoer meant no harm to the baby, and she is curious about why he decided to keep the baby.

"Why do you want to raise this kid?" She asked again. This time, the partygoer answered.

"There's no actual reason for it. I just felt like I have to do it because she's not gonna survive alone." He said as he filled the syringe again. 

"She? So she's a girl. Have you named her?" She asked. 

"Leona." The partygoer mumbled. 

"What?" 

"It's Leona. I named her Leona."