The Chances Are Slim, They Said.

A/N : "When they talk like this, they're whispering," The author whispered before going back to sleep.

She let go of the breath that she didn't even notice she held for so long. All that interaction made her anxious, and she couldn't help but to hate herself for it.

"Now, let's go find somewhere to set as our base." He said.
"Wait," She took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly, "Okay, let's go."

"Are you okay?" He asked, feeling a little concerned.
"I'm all good." She smiled.

They continued walking forward in the endless long hallway. The more they walk, it sometimes gets warmer and warmer. She once read that some parts of the level can get really hot, which worries her.

It was eerily silent. No sounds are to be heard except for the occasional water dripping from the pipes on the ceiling.

After walking some distance, the straight hallway changed to a left turn. They heard something growl behind the wall.

"Wait a minute." He whispered and peeped at the mysterious right turn.
A group which consisted of about 10 wretches are found, devouring the body of a human.

"What's going on?" She asked.
"It's a pretty gruesome scene, you wanna see?"
"Well, I mean, why not."

She quietly took a glance at the scene. It was horrifying. Blood was everywhere, and organs were spilled out of the body. The corpse's body was already torn apart and it's head was facing the two of them, it's cloudy eyes looking at them with a frightened face.

"Wanna take care of them?" The partygoer asked. No answer is given, but instead she gave him a pleading look.

"C-can you take care of this by yourself? I promise to help you slay any other entity, but.. But not them, so please, can you?" She asked him for a favour.

"Sure, but why though?"
"Well, it just makes me scared when I think about how wretches were once human. And um.. You see, I came here in the backrooms with two of my siblings, Mika, the one we're looking for and Yule, he's currently missing. I'm afraid that the wretches I killed could actually be him." She explained.

"Don't worry, the chances are slim enough for that to happen. Also, wouldn't it be better for you to overcome your fears? It'll make our journeys easier." He reassured her.
"Well yeah, I guess so.." She took a deep breath and gathered her courage. She didn't want to be a burden to her teammates.

'Right, there's no way he would be stuck in Level 2 when I lost him at Level 0, right? There's no way he could be here.'

"Okay, let's go." She grabbed a knife from her bag.
"Now that's what we want!"

Aaand they jumped into the scene. Quietly. They quickly finished slaying most of them wretches, until there's only two more. One of them attacked out beloved yelllow sponge and got send into heaven. The other one ran towards Nora but stopped halfway.

"N-nor-- a?" The wretch spoke.

Nora couldn't believe what she heard. A wretch said her name. Suddenly she noticed something on the wretch's right hand. A bracelet.

A bracelet she made for her brother, Mika.

...And that's the end of this chapter. I wanna write a longer one but I really wanted to give this chapter a cliffhanger so yeah-- please don't murder me