╔ Epilogue ╝

The space was empty, hollow, glowing white. Not, however, anything like that uncomfortable white room Jimin visited multiple times just weeks ago. No, this space felt muted, in sounds, and colors. Everything was blurry, though nothing was in sight.

But Jimin wasn't afraid. In fact, for the first time ever, his heart was truly at peace, his soul truly rested. Somehow he knew, he was no longer on Earth. Something inside him told him he was safe.

He turned around, slowly in a circle. It's all for nothing mostly, every angle of this space looked the same. It was cloudy, and eerily silent. But even the silence Isn't too bad.

Then Jimin freezes.

Or, rather, the sight in front of him makes him freeze. Sitting, back turned to Jimin, seemed to be a very familiar person. Only this time, he wore a baggy t-shirt, cargo pants, combat boots, all black. Not one hair was out of place in his long fluffy hairstyle.

Jimin looked down at his own clothes. They were an upgraded version of the type of clothes he wore on a regular basis. A purple hoodie, breathable but warm, like a hug. Jeans that fit him correctly, and made his legs look longer. Purple was a pretty color. He hoped he looked pretty.

He looks up again. The familiar figure hadn't moved. So he walks to him.

His heart doesn't race as he walks forward. Perhaps he no longer has a physical heart at all. Perhaps...he's simply a soul, confined in the safety of this world.

Jimin reaches the boy in silence, sitting next to him, legs criss-crossed. He opens his mouth to speak, but gets cut off.

"Hey 136."

He turns his head to the source of his voice swiftly. He feels like crying, but no tears come. Though, his face still crumples, despite his smile. "Jungkook."

Jungkook stares back, eyes so warm. "I missed you."

"I missed you so much too," Jimin embraced him, indescribably happy.

"I won't leave this time Jimin," Jungkook kisses the side of his head. "I promise."

"Good," He responds in a whisper. "It was too painful the first time. I can't do it again."

"You won't have to. I promise."

They hold each other in silence, grasping onto one another as if they'd get pulled away at any second. There were no words, there was enough time for words to come later. Now...all they needed was each other.

Time passed, and as they sat side by side once again, Jimin's head made its home on his lover's shoulder. Their fingers intertwined, locked together in a comfortable embrace of their own. Just sitting with nothing to say was so comforting. Even in this bubble of safety, nothing truly felt safer than being around him.

"I have people I want you to meet my love," Jimin could hear the smile in his voice. "My mother and brother. They're happy."

"I can't wait," He murmurs, closing his eyes.

"They'll love you," Jungkook continues. "Just like I do. I love you so much Jimin."

Jimin takes a deep, peaceful breath. "I love you so much."

Finally Jimin could rest.