chap1. Kellerman's Mountain Resort

Chapter One: Kellerman's Mountain Resort

I had my life planned out, I wanted college and the real life experience, I never thought I'd imagine falling in love with someone who completely consumed me, I was always known as the 'dancer' but I was so much more then that and everyone I've ever been with never gave me the full love experience, I wanted passion, an adventure and maybe even a little danger.

I always admired my little sister, Baby Houseman as she knew exactly what she wanted from life, she couldn't wait to join the peace corps and she was our father's favourite but my other sister Lisa Houseman was completely self-absorbed and fell in love with every man she had ever dated but I wanted it all and I wasn't satisfied with nothing less.

Little did I know, I would shortly find the man who would give me just that and more.

That was the summer we went to Kellerman's.

-

I slowly opened my eyes as the bright light shined through the car window, my eyelashes fluttered as I adjusted to the light before lifting my head up from my younger sister's shoulder.

I pulled my white cropped cardigan over my shoulder as I looked outside and glanced at the sign that stated, 'Kellerman's Mountain Resort.' I sighed in relief as even though I've been asleep for the majority of the 6 hours in the car, I just wanted to stretch my legs.

'We're finally here, shit.' I sighed as my little sister laughed as we pulled into the resort.

'Language, Davina.' Mother snapped when my father stopped the car and stepped out.

I followed shortly after Baby when she exited the car and I pulled down my short, tight light pink dress that just passed my ass. I stood on the opposite side of the car and I could already hear Lisa complaining.

'Oh my god, Look at that!' She exclaimed as I let out a scoff.

'I should've brought those coral shoes.' She exclaimed as I ran a hand through my thick, long dirty blonde hair.

'Well sweetheart, you brought 10 pairs.' Mother replied as she climbed out of the car.

'But the coral shoes match that dress!' She complained while sighing as our father walked round the car.

'This is not a tragedy, a trader is miners trapped in a min or police dogs used in Birmingham.' He stated as I laughed.

'Monks burning themselves in protest.' Baby mocked as I continued to laugh.

'Butt out, Baby especially you, Davina.' Lisa snapped.

'Horse shoes on the south lawn in 15 minutes, We've got, splash-splash the water class at the lake and we got volleyball and croquet, For you older folks, we got sacks!' The man spoke through the megaphone as he paced across the grass.

'I wish we had won the vote.' I sighed due to the fact that I voted not to go and so did Baby but we didn't win.

'Doc!' Kellerman exclaimed as he walked towards us.

'Max.' He stated back as they shook hands and another male stood next to Kellerman.

'After all these years, I've finally got you up on my mountain.' Kellerman replied happily.

'Not long enough.' I whispered to Baby making her chuckle.

I zoned out of the conversation but Baby was still listening so I turned to face the view as I noticed how warm it was I pulled my cardigan off my shoulders and Baby took it out of my hands and tied it around her waist as she had always loved it.