The best cure for pain????

. . . .
it was a surprise that you sought refuge in my arms

it was even more surprising when i gave it to you
. . . .

Gentle fingers hovered over the other's skin as moonlight lit up the room, the sound of quiet breathing echoing in the air. It's been a while since he has purposefully came into contact with someone, much less in such a soft manner. He almost found himself lost in the warm sensation of the skin contact he was making with the other.

"John..?" Blyke's voice cut through the silence, bringing him back to reality as he pulled his hand away from the other quickly. "Oh, right-" John had been checking out the large cut on Blyke's side, helping him disinfect and wrap it. He let out a quiet breath and finally brought the antiseptic up to clean the others' wound. He still didn't know what happened.

He noticed Blyke flinch when he pressed the rag on his skin, hearing the small wince that escaped his lips. John was trying to be gentle with the process, but he noticed how Blyke still flinched and bit his lip as he cleaned it. He felt bad knowing that the other was injured this badly, and felt even worse that he didn't know what, or who, caused it.

John shifted a bit so he could put down the small rag he was using to help apply the antiseptic. He then moved over to pick up the bandages to wrap around him. "Are you ready?" John looked at the other, noting how he nodded softly, trying to relax at least a little. John offered him a reassuring smile, though there was still a hint of pity in his eyes. "Here we go."

He reached around the other sides, starting to wrap the bandage around his body so he could compress the wound to help it heal better. John's arms could wrap around Blyke easily, and in all honesty it was a little intimidating. The two were very close at the moment. John's breathing was gentle, and Blyke had his eyes locked on the other's figure.

As John finished, he pulled his head up a bit so he could meet the others' eyes. "Im-" he froze. Their faces were really close- their noses brushed against each other, their eyes locking, just for a moment. It was only a few seconds that they remained like this, but it felt like hours before the two snapped out of it, John clearing his throat.

"I'm finished wrapping it up." John said, his voice seemingly composed and a little quiet. It isn't like they are on bad terms anymore, but it's not like they're best friends either, and not to mention that this was more than a little awkward. John pulled away in a quiet manner, trying to avoid making eye contact- In all honesty, he was a little embarrassed by the interaction.

Tracing the other's skin, wrapping his arms around the other to apply the bandage, their faces getting so close together- they were both flustered, and they knew it was mutual. But they enjoyed it- It was strange in a sense, but it's not like either of them could talk to the other without getting even more flustered.

"John-" "Blyke- '' they spoke at the same time, heat rushing to Blyke's face as well as Johns, the latter letting out an awkward laugh. He was tired, but he was happy. Blyke shifted forward, seeing as the only thing that kept them separated was John moving his head away. He didn't say anything- He just moved in more, mouth closed..

His eyes got locked onto John's the moment they made eye contact. They were trapped by the stare that they were giving each other, the silence of the room amplifying every other noise. Their breathing, the cicadas outside, every small shift in the area. There was tension in the air, but it wasn't a bad type of tension.