1

A/N: All the scenes, characters, places,information or pictures that are used in this book is fictional or authors imagination.
Any resemblance to a living or dead is a coincidence.

All right reserved ®.
No part of this book should be copied electronically or mechanical without the prior writing  permission from the writer exception of some words in quotations.

Thank you.
Vote, like, comment & follow.

*****
12:00am
Unknown province

In the middle of an under ground field was  surrounded by a decent audience making it look like a mini stadium except for the size which was incomparable smaller but quite spacy for something vile that it was built to take place in it.

The smell of the mud was quite strong. Either because it was situated more that 20ft beneath the earth surface or because it had become synced and used to  the regular spilling of blood with bit and bit of different stages of decaying flesh of several people that visited it.

I stood in the middle of the field  in a black loose garments in form of a robe, bare foot, exept for the black material I tied to the body of my feet to somehow support my feet tightly to my ankle. Underneath my loose garment was a pair of shorts and corresponding vest. My black hair was plaited in 2 corn rows making my facial features more striking in appearance.

I balled my hands in a fist feeling it sweat but it was Cold at the same time. I didn't just have a good feeling about today's  ritual fight. But either way I can't loose... for the sake of mother... For the sake of mother, my alters repeated after me.

I felt my heart break for the millionth time since I turned 18 Now I was 25. Few more years to save you mum...then we are out of this mess , I mentally assured myself. looking straight at my opponent from across the field. He was quite a tall muscular guy, I could prophecize he had a strong body  just by looking at him even dou he also had a red flowing garment on similar to mine covering his promising physique.

He was escorted to the field by two maidens who had two pieces of red garment each tied to their chest area stopping before their navel and waist area stopping just before their knees. They were holding some really small clay pot with both hands while they chanted incantations. Their exposed body part was  decorated  with white chalk that complimented their very fair skin compared to my opponent who was almost as dark the shade of coal.

He was a representative of Red tie,... One of the most powerful cults in the ring.

The ring consisted of The red tie, black widows, the venoms, the black eye and the cult of Vine which I somehow found myself in.

Why they had decided to come together to form a ring I don't know. But every new moon a ritual of this kind was held to entertain the top members.
Each of the 5 cults that existed in this ring would compete. At the end their was only one man coming out alive... With the previous winner facing the next competitor till 4 men were down.

And I've being here for some of the new moon ritual fight for the past 7 years of my life  and always managed to come out alive. But odd days like this where I have to take 4 men down serially ...
The universe wasn't really with me when I choosed a pebble with figure one scratched roughly on it meaning I was starting the fight.

Few more years Luna, you can do this. One of the feminine alters in my head echoed through.

Not as if  we had a choice, another alter I could never see her face since she appeared in my head said.

I sigh afterwards echoing  "Ise" together with bowing  our heads with rest of the ring members as we welcomed and acknowledge the face of the  most intimidating man in the ring. ring leader.. Udeagbala....

Udeagbala was dressed in a long golden gown together with his maidens that trolled after him dressing similar to the red tie maidens except that Udeagbala's were in black and had arrow and bows hung and their back for reasons I could not tell, for more intimidating purposes maybe....

I would live to see tommorow, I promised all of my alters before preparing to  strike  my opponent with one of my knife's mentally.

*******