mt. hagakure

"Caw! Caw! For your next mission, you have to hike up Mount. Hagakure and slay a demon that's lurking in the woods! Caw!" Tanjiro's kasugai crow flaps its wings, continously repeating the words over and over, annoying the burgundy boy.
Tanjiro mentally curses, squinting his eyes at the nonstop chitter chatting bird." Okay! I got it! I got it! Now, can you please stop squawking ever so loudly!" the burgundy boy lets out an annoyed groan, lifting his hands to cover his poor ears.

After the Mt. Natagumo events and the hashiras including the master finding out about Nezuko being a demon, the hashiras wanted to kick Tanjiro out of the corps and slay Nezuko thinking that she can be a threat to the demon slayer corps. Nezuko went into some events and fortunately enough, proved to all of them that Tanjiro's little sister would never eat humans. She saw humans as her friends, her family. She should protect her friends from all harm, not hurt them.
After all that, Shinobu Kocho, an insect hashira volunteered to take in Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke (, including Nezuko) to the butterfly mansion. They stayed there for as long as it took to heal their severe wounds. The burgundy surprisingly healed faster than the two so now that he was all better, his next mission was in process.
While staying back at the mansion, he spent most of his time talking to Zenitsu, and he somehow developed unknown feelings towards the blonde.
,,

Unfortunately for the burgundy boy, the crow didn't stop squawking. Instead of it quieting down, the loud squawks only intestified.

The burgundy boy sighed.

This was going to be a very, very long trip.

_

"Is this the place?"

"Hey uhm, it's pretty quiet. Are you sure this is th-" Tanjiro looks behind him seeing no trace of the kasugai crow. "And before I knew it, it left." He sighs. The burgundy boy continued walking into the creepily dark quiet woods, sniffing his nose searching for a demon's scent.