iii. jessica what's her name

Miles is planning to take me to dinner today. I believe we both deserve it. College is a pain in the ass and dealing with loud but loveable twins on top of it isn't easy.

Maria called me earlier to tell me Tamara had broken a plate of her vegetables. She thought I was about to get mad but surprisingly to her, I never get mad at my children. They're my everything.

If only I could go back in time and tell my seventeen-year-old self how lucky I am.

"What's your pretty head thinking about?" Miles asks in a charming voice as we drive through the clean suburban roads of Eristonia. He wants to introduce me to a newly opened Italian restaurant that has opened up, knowing that I'm a sucker for Italian food.

"My kids, and you obviously," I lie because why not? Well, half-lie. He definitely occupies a large part of my mind.

"Ah I miss Atanase and Tamara. Let's visit them tonight, what about that?"

My obnoxious grin kept growing. Thinking about my boyfriend with my kids gives me an immense amount of joy. "Yes! You have to come immediately."

He pulls out of the suburbs and, on our way to the restaurant, he hums a bit of Christina Aguilera. My hand rests on his knee. He isn't the type to be ashamed of his favorite artists.

I decide to ruin the moment. "So about the crimes happening here.."

Miles chuckles, "It's not new news babe, it's been happening for three weeks now."

I slapped his knee. "I know, I know! Recently, I have become interested in this case. I need to know what's going on."

My boyfriend grew quiet. "Anastasia, please don't do something reckless."

Oh? "I'm a big girl Miles. I promise I won't fuck anything up and I won't get myself killed. I just wish to know."

"Yeah, yeah I get that babe, I love your determination. I'm just worried about you, that's all.." He explains, his dark eyes on the road.

I lean in and kiss his cheek. "I'm the one and only. No one will be able to ruin this bitch."

What's wrong with playing with fire anyway?

*

It was clear that trusting Miles was one of the best decisions I made. This man knows delicious food.

The warm smell of food filled the air as we dined at the small restaurant located on a busy road.

I was eating a dish called pasta carbonara, and it was quite tasty.

"I don't care about gaining weight anymore! I'm living the dream right now!" I exclaim happily, immediately dipping my fork into the pasta.

"Glad you like it," Miles says, wiping the sauce with his napkin, irritating me since I can't wipe it myself. "Also Anastasia, you're skinny. What do you mean by gaining weight?"

"Oh I am, Miles, I am," is all I say as I keep eating.

The restaurant is small and cute with kind employees. I humbly rate it a ten. However, I analyze the conversations people are having around me. They are still talking about the notorious friend group that brought hell to town.