viii. tongue tied

I held my new bouquet of roses that Miles had bought for me. I smiled up at him as we walked down the sidewalks of the peaceful park he took me to.

It was a cold autumn noon in Eristonia. I had always loved autumn, simply my favorite season. A symbol of harvest and growth yet decline and death. Being quite into nature, it was a sight to see the plants changing color, some dying and some ripening.

It had been a week since Felix was given his sentence. It was a controversial topic as people were claiming that thirty five years hadn't been enough and people saying that he should've went to some sort of reform school.

Personally, maybe I just am forgetting about the whole fixation anyway. I suppose things were going back to normal. Nothing horrific happened lately anyway.

I've hidden from Miles the fact that I went to the trial, to avoid upsetting him since he seemed unnaturally serious.

"So babe, uh..." Miles started nervously.

I immediately grin at him, encouraging him to continue. "What's wrong?"

"Thanksgiving is coming up soon and my family is asking to meet you in the west. I was wondering if you could come and stay with us, you can definitely bring your kids too," he shyly explained, rubbing his nape.

I blushed, this would be the first time I would visit his family after he and I have been dating for two years now. You can argue that he should've introduced me earlier since I haven't really met his parents either.

But I guess being a white girl along with being a single mom just won't really make me wife material to his family, right?

"Miles, I'd love to... but I'm afraid your family won't like me with me, y'know..."

He furrowed his thick, yet beautifully styled eyebrows. "Fuck what they think babe. I love them but I won't take it if they don't accept you just because you're a mom."

A huge smile appeared on my lips and I tip-toed to peck him on his full lips. "Thank you Miles," I muttered quietly after letting him go.

Frankely, I don't care. It's Miles and I against the world if his family doesn't accept me.

He smiled. "Anyway let's get you back home, I bet Tammy and Atanase miss you a lot."

"Sure thing," I reply softly. We made our way to his silver Toyota Camry and drove off.

Country music softly playing, I pressed the back of my head against the seat thinking about the whole trial again, thinking about Jessica Rosebelle.

I want to visit that restaurant, le Mot de Verre, supposedly Jessica works there I assume.

Wait, wasn't I supposed to move on from this?

Then I remember. Jessica definitely knows Felix, Aisha and definitely Isaiah. Her and Isaiah were no doubt dating.

If I solve this weird phenomenon, I can only imagine how loved I'll be. Anastasia Ioana Adams will be adored.

Fuck it, maybe I'll do a bit of research and search for luck.

*

I took Maria and my twins to McDonald's as Tamara and Atanase insisted on eating there. Being the smart woman I am, I picked a McDonald's near le Mot de Verre as they were located in the same street mentioned in the card.

I told Maria that I'm going to go out for a bit and to watch the kids for me. Luckily, they were too occupied with their brand new happy meal toys.

"If you need me, I'll be checking out a small family restaurant named le Mot de Verre, it's right next to us," I told Maria.