𝟬𝟮𝟬

"oh my god" once they had entered the house by going to the backyard, they went inside the house and flashed their flashlights around.

jake pulled out a medicine container, opening and taking out a pill and swallowed it "zoloft?" amity asked.

she had secretly had been taking those pills without her parents knowing. she would get the somewhere and take them at the times needed.

"effexor" he answered "anxiety or depression?" lexy asked "both" he answered, with a blank expression.

"okay. the last place i saw him was up in my room" lexy said lowly as she shined her light upstairs "alright let's go" he said, waiting for her to lead the way, but the girl only nodded to him signaling for him to go first. he looked at her confused "what are you waiting for?" lexy asked.

"i don't know where your room is" jake answered. "i'll give you directions, just go!" she whispered shout to him, jake groaned before leading the way.

they would head creaks of the wooden floor as they made their way

"jake!" lexy exclaimed "what?" he whispered.

"just.. be careful" she said, earning a quite gasp and slapping a hand on her mouth from the girl behind lexy.

they continued walking a few steps. lexy stopped in her tracks, noticing a picture frame as she shined her flashlight to it. its a picture of her young self and her family.

"you okay?" jake asked, noticing her staring at it "stop asking me that" she snapped "he's just trying to be nice" amity defended the boy making him look at her in thanks.

"but jake is not nice" she turned to the girl behind her before looking at him. "all of this happened because of you?" lexy yelled at him.

amity could see a tear dropped from her eyes, hard to admit, but she felt a little bad by the girl even she hasn't truly know the reason of it.

"you happy now?" lexy asked, lowering her voice.

"i'm not happy," jake spoke, "i can't remember the last time i was." he added.
"me neither" lexy answered

they suddenly hear sounds of breaking in the house making them all jump. they flashed their lights at their surroundings trying to find the source.

"maybe something just collapsed." amity mumbled, her eyes still looking around. she have a bad feeling about what's happening.

they didn't answer her nor moved from their spot, it was a second of silence until lexy spoke "did you really want me to die? did it really got that bad?"

the sentences that she said made amity widened her eyes. the boy glance at her seeing her look at him with a disbelief in her expression.