Chapter 5

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Good. Good. That's it," Antoni said as we fought. A month of this, and I was somewhat okay. Nowhere close to giving Antoni a good ass beating and getting the fuck out of here, but with every day that passed, my skills increased. However, no matter how hard I tried to push the memories aside, training with Alex always made its way back into my mind, distracting me from fighting Antoni.

"C'mon, ten more push-ups," he said as I collapsed onto the floor, my arms burning.

"My arms hurt," I whined.

"Suck it up, cupcake. Now ten more, don't make me make it twenty," Alex replied. Groaning and mumbling a "fuck you" while he chuckled, I slowly and painfully do ten more push-ups before collapsing again.

"That's enough for today," he said as he helped me up. "We'll reconvene again tomorrow," he added.

"Ugh, fine," I groaned as I headed upstairs to take a long, hot shower.

—-

"Stop whining and keep running," he shouted back at me.

"I was not built for this! I don't see the point to this, anyway. Not like I'm going to be running a marathon anytime soon when you have me locked up in the house," I scoffed as I stopped to take a breather.

"Scar, look at me," Alex said as he jogged back over to me. "Scar," he said when I refused to look at him.

"What, Alex?" I asked. "I'm tired. I woke up at four in the morning for this shit when I could have been sleeping. I have work in an hour and I'm already drained," I added as I sat down on the ground, trying to catch her breath and holding the tears back.

"I'm sorry if I'm pushing you too hard. But I need to be prepared and ready if anything were to happen and I couldn't get to you in time," he said and he took my face in his hands.

"Was four in the morning really necessary though? I value my sleep," I asked.

"Yes. C'mon, get up. Hop on my back and I'll take you back," he said as he helped me up. Hopping onto his back, I bury my face in the crook of his neck, taking in his scent.

"Go, mommy, go!" my son cheered from the side as he brought me back to reality, a small smile on my face until I doubled over in pain from getting the wind knocked out of me.

"You can't get distracted! God, this is pathetic," Antoni spat as he shook his head.

"Stop hurting my mommy!" an angry Axel said as he marched over to Antoni and kicked him in the shin, who looked at him with anger and amusement in his eyes.

"You think you can fight? Protect your mommy and your sister?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my son," I warned as I slowly got up.

"Then stop me," he replied as he grabbed Axel by the arm. Getting up, I kick him in the back of the knee and hit him under his elbow. "Go back with your sister," I tell Axel as Antoni lets him go. Watching as he scurries back over to Amara, he hugs her protectively and glares at Antoni.

"Your children are your weakness. That needs to stop," he said as I dodged his punch, catchy him with a sneaky right uppercut.

"They aren't my weakness. They're what I'm fighting for," I spat as I hit him again. Keeping him at arm's reach, we circle around the mat before I make the first move that's blocked by Antoni. When he swings at me with his right, I duck and counter with my left.

"Your left is still weak," Antoni said as he hit me, this time right in the stomach. "If you want to be able to protect your kids, then you'll have to be able to take a few hits," he snapped as he noticed I was trying to catch my breath. "Hit me again," he said as he slightly dropped his arms. Swinging at him, he grabs my hand and twists it behind my back.