Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 1

Remember me

I stared at the door , still wide eyed and sore for snoozing on my vanity table.

'Hello darling, you've woken up! I'm so glad you did! i thought you never would!!' a tired looking, middle aged woman told me while walking.

She looked really pretty, her thick brown hair was streaked grey in some parts and was clipped up with a hair clip. She had eye bags and wrinkles which were starting to show on her face.

Unfortunately for me she does not look the least familiar. ‘I’m sorry but am i supposed to know you?' i asked her confused. She sighed and walked to my bed placing the tray of food she brought to my room, on my side table. I followed suit and sat in front of her.

She then started to explain to me.'I am your moms friend. You can call me Aunt Magdelena. And in case you don't remember, your full name is Kathaliya Amelia Merlosa (pronounced as: Meylosa). But everyone calls you Amelia. Your parents died a year ago. And you moved in with me as it says in your mom's will. All the family money was passed down to you as you were the only child. I was your guardia-'

'was?'i interrupted.

'yes,was, you will turn 18 soon and you wanyed to be free so i thought why not be free a little early?.'

It was a lot to take in, in one day so aunt Magdalena left me for the day. At first i was exploring around the room, checking where everything is placed and when done, i ate the breakfast she left me.

At first i was just staring at the door still afraid to go out. In the end, like the coward i am, i took a shower, procrastinating that i will go out later. I stripped in the toilet and took a warm shower. The warm water flowed through my body relaxing it. After scrubbing my hair with shampoo and my body with soap, i washed it all off along with my worries, problems and soreness. I dried myself up and slipped into my outfit.

I chose an off the shoulder white sweater, some skinny jeans and brown ugg boots. I took my dirty dishes, held back my breath and close my eyes for some time. Slowly, i walked out and looked around. I entered a hallway. The hallway was lined with beautiful paintings and family pictures. In most of the pictures i see aunt Magdalena and who i'm guessing are her sons. I walked straight into the living room ,bowing my head down shyly.

I greeted aunt Magdalena in the kitchen which surprised her so much she nearly dropped the pan she was holding. I smiled weakly at her and apologized "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" she looked up at me and said "It's okay its not your fault " she paused "I'm pleasantly surprised i never thought you would leave your room."

i looked down awkwardly "i never thought i would go out too......" i trailed off. Aunt Magdalena smiled kindly at me "i know how you feel sweetie don't worry soon you will be comfortable and happy."

she then noticed the dirty dishes in my hands " Go on wash your dishes no one gets special treatment in this house!!!"

I grinned. “I wasn't planning on asking for it." i said jokingly , slowly opening up to this beautiful , kind lady. I walked to the sink and wash my dishes not forgetting to dry them and ,with aunt Magdalena’s help, put them back in their former places.

I had nothing to do so i sat in one of the kitchen stools and watched her cook while speaking about both her sons proudly.

"This is their favorite homemade dish. Of course like other teenagers their all time favorite is pizza. But when i cook at home they prefer cordon bleu. They are very intelligent. I am so proud to have them as my sons." she babbled about with fondness and love shining in her eyes.