In Every Universe

"Thank you for getting the tickets, P'Arthit. What did you think of the movie?" Kongpob asked while he held the cup in front of his boyfriend so he could take the last sip before he disposed of their drink cup and leftover popcorn in the trash bin.

"I loved it. Did you enjoy it?" Arthit asked even though he knew his boyfriend was just as much of a Marvel fanatic as he was. And Spider-Man: No Way Home came out just in time for Valentine's Day. It beats watching some sappy cliché romance movie any day. Just perfect!

"I did. I really did. Tickets were sold out months ahead but you even managed to get us perfect seats. Thank you, P'Arthit." Kongpob snuck a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek and quickly walked ahead.

"Kongpob!" Arthit placed a hand over his kissed cheek and looked around to see if anyone saw that while he tried to hold in his grin. His boyfriend was always so sneaky.

Catching up to Kongpob, Arthit let the sneaky kiss slide. It was Valentine's Day after all.

"So now with the multiverse concept, the possibilities are infinite." Arthit casually continued their conversation about the movie.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool to see all three Spider-Mans together. Let's try to rewatch all of Toby Maguire's Spider-Man movies again. It's been a long time since I've seen one of them," Kongpob said with a grin knowing that his P'Arthit didn't mind the kiss.

"Yeah, that was cool. I wonder if they'll ever introduce an Asian Spider-Man. That would be nice."

"Hey, if there's a Spider-Ham, then there can definitely be an Asian Spider-Man out there. Oh, remember there was one Japanese Spider girl in 'Into The Spider-Verse?'" Kong added. He loved seeing his boyfriend so enthusiastic and excited about something.

"Oh yeah, you're right. But that's animated, Kong. I want to see a real Asian person playing the role," Arthit said.

"Maybe there will be one someday. And when that day comes, I'll be the first to buy you a ticket for it."

"I wonder how long I would have to wait?"

"We have a whole lifetime." Kong held his hand up showing their matching ring and smiled at his boyfriend who blushed beautifully.

Arthit really did enjoy the latest Spider-Man movie. The idea of the multiverse was just fascinating to him. In fact, Arthit kept researching online the possibility of the multiverse being real. Not only was he so engrossed in Marvel's spin on the multiverse, his research took him into the laws and theories of the multiverse in physics. Why wasn't physics so interesting when he was still in school? People would enjoy physics a lot more if they sold it with a side of comics.

For this Valentine's Day, they decided to stay in instead of fighting the crowd to get a table at some fancy restaurant for the occasion. So throughout the rest of the evening Arthit kept researching and telling Kongpob about what he found on the multiverse while they made dinner together.

Kongpob seared two heart shaped steaks while Arthit fed him wine from his glass. And with a kiss here and a peck there, dinner was served. They sat down and lit a small candle next to the bouquet of red roses Kongpob had picked up in the morning for his P'Arthit when he was still sleeping. The flower shop was a complete mad house but it was worth it to see his P'Arthit's smile.

Over dinner, they continued to discuss how Doctor Strange had the ability to time travel and cross all the universes. And just maybe, with their fingers-crossed that he could help Peter Parker turn back time to save his Aunt May. Maybe. Arthit really hated that part of the movie. He had silently cried during that scene and so did his boyfriend. So he really hoped that Marvel would turn that tragedy around.
.
.
.
.
.