Can't Buy My Love

Saturday night honestly can't come fast enough for Harry. Work on Friday drags on by the time Saturday afternoon arrives, Harry is a ball of sexual frustration and excitement and Tilly is about ready to burst out of her skin with the anticipation of getting to play with Louis' dog, Clifford.

Their excitement eventually transforms into a petty argument over nothing at all, so Harry goes to soak in the bath for an hour to chill the fuck out while Tilly plays in her room, both of them needing break from each other.

Finally, the time comes and Louis pulls up out the front of their building in his shiny black Range Rover, Harry and Tilly waving at him from the window before buzzing him up to help with their things.

Tilly waits on the landing for Louis to appear, kneeling down peering through the balusters. As expected, she had wanted to take half of her room with them, but Harry had reminded her that she'll be playing with Clifford for most of the time and wouldn't need much. She had finally relented, only packing the small backpack she takes to daycare and her Peppa house, of course.

Harry hadn't really known what to pack. He doesn't exactly have a vast array of clothing, and Louis has seen half of his wardrobe already anyway, so he'd opted for comfort in the form of sweatpants and soft t-shirts. He wonders if Louis has an open fire for them to curl up in front of, or heated flooring, which side of the bed Louis sleeps on, and whether he sleeps naked. That last thought, in particular, has taken up far more of Harry's waking (and sleeping) hours than he'd care to admit.

Knowing that he and Tilly won't be sleeping at their little flat tonight is a weird sensation. The last time they'd gone away was over a year ago. Harry had saved up enough to afford them a night staying at the seaside just so Tilly could experience the sights and sounds and smells; the sand and pebbles between her toes, the waves lapping at her ankles, and the sheer vastness of the ocean. She'd loved it. Running in and out of the waves, squealing with delight, and collecting shiny little rocks that she still has displayed on her window sill.

Harry's thoughts are interrupted by Louis' appearance on the landing, bending down to draw Tilly into a big hug when she flings herself at him. Harry can relate.

"Hello, bug."

"We've been waiting forever."

Harry chuckles as Louis stands, hauling Tilly up and sliding her around onto his back, her arms tightly wound around his neck and surely cutting off his air flow.

"Hey, H," he manages to choke out.

Harry smiles and feels lighter for Louis just being here. He hadn't realised how much of his excitement up until now was actually nerves about tonight, but seeing Louis again lifts that weight off his shoulders. "Hey, Lou. Y'alright?"

"I am," he says as he walks into the living space. "But I seem to have something on my back. Can you see it? Is it a bug?"

Tilly giggles with delight. "I'm not a bug!"

"What? What's that?" Louis spins around from side to side, pretending he can't see her, swatting at the air with one hand as he holds tightly onto her wrists with the other. "Who said that?"

"It's me! Tilly!" She shouts through fits of laughter and Harry can't help but join in too.

"I think you're imagining it," Harry says, playing along. "There's nothing there."

"Stop!" Tilly squeals as Louis sits down on the couch and presses her against the backrest, turning his head and feigning shock when he sees her.

"Oh! There you are. Wondered where you'd gone. You make a very comfortable cushion though," he says and leans back, but she pushes him away before scrambling out from behind him.