02.

"Go on upstairs, Jules," Mum said as Juliet finished her food. "We'll be up in a minute." She pushed herself off the chair and practically sprinted for the stairs.

I inhaled sharply and stared into my mum's eyes as she placed the envelope she had grabbed earlier onto the tables surface.

"We need to have a big conversation," she said.

"Don't ask questions until we're done," Dad interjected, his arms resting on the table.

I messed with the hem of my shirt under the table and stared at Mum, anxiety building up in my veins.

Did I do something wrong?

"This letter is, well it's from a school," she started, "We got it a few years ago and we've been talking about it since then. Now we need to seriously talk about it with you and lay out the complete truth on the table."

I've never heard her voice like that. She was serious, but I could almost hear the anxiety in her voice as the words spilled from her lips.

"There's a reason you and your sister aren't allowed in the office," Dad said, his hands digging in his pocket. He pulled out two things and laid them on the table. They resembled wizard wands in movies and shows but they must've been something else, no way my Dad collects those things.

"Read this letter, then we'll explain and answer any questions after." Mum slid the letter toward me reluctantly and watched me take it into my hands. It had been written in fancy lettering, the paper smelling of ink and the red stamp in the corner slightly glistening in the light.

I slowly tore it open, pulling out at least three different papers, my eyes scanning them each individually.

"Dear Miss Malfoy,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Students shall be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival, the dates for which shall be duly advised.

Please ensure that the utmost attention be made to the list of requirements attached herewith.

We look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts' heritage.

Headmistress, Professor McGonagall"

I read it at least five times before looking up at Mum, her eyes shining. I smiled, amused that they had put so much effort into this joke.

"This is a funny joke," I said, "What did you actually need?"

Dad placed his hand on my shoulder, making me look at him. "This isn't a joke, Celeste."

I stared at him, my smile fading instantly. My mind raced as he took one of the wands in his hand. With a few flicks of his wrist, a shot of light flew out and took the form of a wolf that began to sprint around the room through the air. I stared at my dad and for the first time, I didn't know who I was looking at. He held a wand in his hand and casted a spell in front of my eyes.

"So this is real?" My voice sounded unfamiliar to my ears and my brain couldn't grasp what was happening around me.

"Very real," Mum said. "We had talked to the Headmistress about not sending you until we thought about it. She agreed and now we think you should go."

"Of course you'll have to work your ass off to get caught up," Dad said, dropping the wand onto the table.

"We have to do some shopping for things and make sure you're ready before September first, but we think you're ready."