Chapter Three- The Mirror Girl

Izabelle exited the school. She couldn't wait for the day ahead of her! It was, well, her birthday. Not to mention her sweet sixteen! She was going to get ice cream with her friends soon.

The sidewalk seemed to go on forever. A gust of wind blew her skirt around. She stopped and looked down. She noticed her bracelet had slipped off her wrist. She bent down and tried to retrieve it. She couldn't find it. She scowled, disappointed.She glanced up at the sky and saw it flying away on a nearby breeze. She tried to grab it. But it was far too high. The wind hit hard. Suddenly, the bracelet flew right over the barrier and up into the sky.

Before Izabelle could do anything, it was out of reach. She groaned. After a long pause, Izabelle decided that she was going to have to go after it.

She pushed herself up off the ground and began to run. The bracelet was too far away to see, but she could sense its presence nearby. With every step she took, she could feel the bracelet getting closer. It seemed like she was finally closing in. Just when she was sure she was about to grab the bracelet, a gust of wind hit her hard in the back. It knocked her to the ground and the bracelet disappeared.

Izabelle turned around to see where the wind had come from. And there she was. A mirror image of herself. But this girl was confident. She was smiling. And she wore a beautiful white dress made of the prettiest lace Izabelle had ever seen.

She was sitting on a rock, gazing at the city. Her violet eyes turned toward Izabelle. Izabelle got this sudden feeling that this girl was herself. Her future self...