Chapter 2 The Delay

"Summer went buy so fast! I honestly don't wanna start 11th grade. I know the sooner your done with high school, the sooner you prove your parents wrong. But I don't wanna prove my mom wrong. My step dad on the other hand yeah!" I said to Jalen. "Well, I heard that Sophia and Alexis don't go to our high school anymore!" Jalen said happily. "Really?" I said. "Yeah! Haven't you heard? They are in jail! They tried to kill Ms. Boskia at the swimming pool!" Jalen explained. "Mommy, Liliana is on the phone and she is grounded!" Joy said. "Little girl get away from my room! Uh you get on my nerves!" I said angrily. "Liliana! Get off of that phone before I come up there!" My mom said. "See you tomorrow." Jalen said.

                                                               Why do my little sisters always get on my nerves? "Stop talking to your self!" My mom said. "And come eat your dinner!" "Mom I don't wanna eat leftovers from last night!" I said. "Look here lil girl! Your mama is trying to help you! Now go down their and eat that food! Or you know what's gonna happen." My step dad said out of nowhere. So I marched downstairs happy that I was gonna eat dry meatloaf. Not! Well I wish not!

                                                                 After dinner I got in the shower and washed my hair. I noticed that every time I wash my hair, my hair gets darker. I mean everyone in my family are brunettes. But it's like my hair was turning black. Then I thought that it was a good look for school.

                                                                       "Liliana, get up!" My mom called out. "Mom it's seven in to morning I shouldn't be getting up!" I yelled back. "Peace get the bucket of water I prepared!" My mom said suspiciously. From then on I new it was time to get up.l jumped out of bed and put on my clothes. That day I was wearing a red short sleeved Hollister Shirt and a pair of True Religion Jeans. When I looked in the mirror I saw that my hair was completely black. Then I screamed a loud scream!, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" "Liliana, what's wrong?" My mom ran up. "I refuse to go to school!" I said jumping towards conclusions. "Liliana, your not going to school anyway!"My mom said. "What do you mean?" I said surprised. "They delayed it until tomorrow! That'll give you time to fix your hair!" She said. I was relieved.