Chapter 5: Coral Klanky?

As I said before I was getting to the bottom of Lastroids family! When I got home, my mother was at work, handling the work at state hall, as usual. Joy and Peace were at softball practice, at the recreational center, and Jack was on a Business Trip. That gave me easy dibs on my mothers HP laptop. It had its slick black cover, its thin I Pad like features, and its HQ screen. I was never allowed to use it. 

      I went to a people search site, and I typed up the last name Klanky. I figured that Klanky is a very one of a kind name, and Lastroid was to reluctant to give out her family's info. I browsed down the search engine and found a document off of a site. It read. "Coral Klanky  has died of a overdose. This great actress will surely be missed. She has starred in 'John may you hand me a pound!' and many more stunning movies. England is holding a funeral Monday, April 29, 1967." When I read that, it seemed mighty odd. The document showed a picture of Coral, and she had the same orange hair as Lastroid. But, another thing ticked me off, Lastroid had no hint of talent in her. This woman was an actess! Lastroid stuttered. Then, this made the jig-saw puzzle even more confusing, Lastroid had no feature or acent of Britain in her. I knew where England was, and what a pound was, the puzzle was not adding up. 

      I took a break from looking up the Klanky tree. My stomach was growling like a Lion would growl at a human. I went down my steps and looked into the refridgerator. I saw a pudding cup, and a half-eaten sub- sandwich. I was going to get the sub sandwich, but I thought jack picked off of it. So, I just grabbed the chocolate pudding cup. I knew Joy and Peace would kill me, but it is worth it. Then, that reminded me, Joy and Peace were not home yet. that was stranfe. Joy and peace were usually home around 5:30. That was when i put down my pudding cup, grabbed Joy's bike, and struggled to get to the recreation center. When I finally got there, no one was there. The only cars I saw was Ms. Sindy, the janitor. I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around looking frightened. "Oh, honey, I did not know you were in here." I smiled, then asked her politely, "have you seen my sisters, two little twin short girls?" She looked curious, " Are you talking about Joy and Peace? Those two are my little helpers. They always help me clean up the gym before they went home. They left as usual today. But, peace said someone was supposed to pick them up today. Could that have been you?" She said as her mouth was getting dry. I thought for a second, was I suppose to pick up the to weasel heads today? Then it hit me. I was supposed to pick them up! " Yes, i was suppose to pick them up. I am so sorry, I wasted your time. I had gotten sidetracked!" I said. " O h it is okay dear, but be careful next time, you could put your sister into deep danger! I think their mother came to pick them up!" She said walking off. I felt so bad. I put Ms. Sindy in a bad predicament, and then forgot to pick up my little sisters! Then i thought worse! I still had to face my mother!

      I grabbed Joy's bike and I stuggled back home. I saw mom's car parked. I knew I was in deep trouble.

     I walked through the door and my mom was waiting, in her usual pose: sitting at the table with her nails hitting it. "Liliana, where have you been? You forgot to pick up your sister's from soft ball practice, and you used my HP laptop without permission. i am very dissapointed!" My mother said getting RED 40. Joy came running down the stairs holding her softball uniform heading towards the laundry area. She stopped at mom and said " Mommy please, please tell her the secret!" " Joy, I am getting to it! go put your clothes in the laundry room, and prepare your bath water!" She yelled sounding stressed.  " Okay!" She ran back up the steps. "What is it that you need to tell me?" I said sounding scared. " You're sending me to boarding school?" I said turning red. "No, Liliana. Relax! I am not sending you to boarding school. I am just telling you that here is going to be a new edition tho the family." She said smiling. " You are pregnant?" i said with my voice high up. "No, I have adopted a dog! he is from the animal shelter! He is coming tomorrow." My mother said jumping up and down! "Okay, does Jack approve of this?" I said sounding professional. " Of course, he approves! Now, uh go to your room and get ready for your second day of school!" She said sounding served.