Prologue

Wrong grammar ahead. Read at your own risk.

***

Being a kid is such a wonderful "once in a lifetime" event that we all once experienced. No work, no problems, no stress, no anxiety, and no money, just play from morning until when the sun has set.

All the way to being an adult, we're going to meet a lot of people, some of them will stay, but most of them will leave. Just like this friend of mine who happen to be my childhood best friend.

Usually, in childhood days, most of your playmates are also your neighbors. Then, there's this neighbor of mine who always gets bullied. No one dares to defend him, so I let my self to be the first one to lend him a hand and be his very first friend.

"Come on! You're a boy! Why don't you stand and beat those bullies up? Don't worry, I'm here with you".

However, the thing is... he's more like a girl than me. The way he moves, the way he points his pinky finger away from him when he drinks, the way he tidy his room, he even do my hair sometimes.

"Look at your self, you're a Goddess! That hairstyle I just did to your hair suits you well".

HE'S SO FEMININE! Though, there is no problem with that. In fact, him being a girly makes us even more closer to each other.

Our frienship lasted six long years. We promised to never leave each other's side. We shared so many dreams such as him wanting to be an architect, building and making a mansion for our own families, and the universities where we want to be admitted. But I guess, promises are really meant to be broken. One month after our moving up in sixth grade, he left me without even saying goodbye.

"Why should I say goodbye? It will only makes her sad".

Five years later, we meet again coincidentally. But we don't seem to know each other. It's like he's a completly different person from he was before.

"Azi! Ikaw nga talaga 'yan! Noong una, hindi kita nakilala".

Things didn't turned out as what I've expected. He always ignores me like I'm just a stranger to him. That jolly, feminine, kind attitude of his when he was a kid was no longer him.

"Why don't we start all over again since we both have changed? In that way, we'll be able to know each other more. What do you think?".

Since that time when he told me those words, I felt like I was brought back in that time when we were still kids. Then, we started being friends again.

That friendship we had then was gradually returning. But unexpectedly, this unwanted feeling suddenly showed up. I kept on ignoring it. However, the more I ignore it, the more this feeling intensifies.

"There's no way I will tell him about this. Never!".

I know that there will be a time when I won't be able to hide it anymore and it might cause him to be disappointed and make us back on being strangers again...

Am I really willing to give up our friendship just because of this selfish one sided love I have?

***
Thanks for reading :)) You've just reached the end of the prologue of this cringy story of mine.

As you can see, the prologue says it all༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ HASHAHSHAHSH