𝟔. 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐧

Ember looks as if she's seen a ghost staring at the guy at the end of the line, the tallest of them all

Ember looks as if she's seen a ghost staring at the guy at the end of the line, the tallest of them all. He's hot, darker skin and definitely her type, wearing joggers and a black top, his feet covered with the new Jordan Nike shoes. Next to him stands another guy. Every girls wet dream. Strong jaw that could cut, brown and fluffy hair, extremely handsome to the point where its almost illegal and muscles. Lots of muscles can be seen through his white shirt that he paired with black jeans and Air Force shoes. The last guy looks shy, definitely not knowing where to look as his eyes come to rest on Scott, running a hand through his messy blond hair. Cute. Like a puppy. He's wearing converse shoes, a hard rock shirt and cargo pants. Double cute. "Girls, please meet Parker, Theo and Spencer" Scott says, not bothering to introduce us which means they must know plenty about us. "Hello again" says who I assume is Spencer, smirking at the dumbstruck Ember who continues to look, unable to say a thing. "Hi" I say, more like squeak with the anxiety rushing through my veins. "Hey" the cute guy, Theo, warmly smiling at me. "Now that we have the introduction out of the way, tomorrow is an important event" Celia says, taking on her professional role as if she hasn't smacked each of our asses before coming here. "It will mark the beginning of the tour and the campaign. It's just an event, a couple of photos and the team will do some drives around. Simple. The performance is key. Remember..." she looks directly at Athelia, who fakes a smile as she finishes her sentence "keep up appearances". Celia nods, pleased with the answer. Yet a voice boom through the room "like that worked well in the past" says Parker, crossing his arms over his chest as he gives us all a look. Bitch. Athelia tries to ignore him but Ember shoots "you don't know what happened". He gives her a bored look "girls like you are always trying to blame someone else" I don't think I've ever seen Athelia look this uncomfortable. Ember notices too as she raises her voice "shut the fuck up". Parker chuckles "someone has anger issues". Ember snaps as Athelia grabs her by the waist in an effort to not kill Parker but Ember keeps trashing against her. Parker looks at her as if she lost her mind yet he doesn't know what that sentence just did to her. What it means. "That's enough, all of you" Scott says as Ember stops trashing against Athelia's hold, calming down. "We will all meet for dinner. Work as a team and give media nice pictures to stare at. Am I clear?" He stares daggers at every person in this room, confidence and authority echoing in each word. We can all manage a nod.

•••
The waiters and waitresses rushed by, trays filled with various beverages and food, small portions and way too expensive. Finding yourselves in the busy 5 star restaurant, the best in town, with the Bernard Team, Scott and Celia wasn't how any of us wanted to spend the evening before tomorrow's torment yet here we are. "I'll get the...smoked salmon salad please" Athelia smiles politely at the waiter as she closes the menu and hands it to him, very aware of how he eyes her cleavage. "Right away" He says, walking away to the kitchens. "Do models not eat proper food or some shit" Parker says, lounging in his hair. "Why are you such an asshole" Athelia responds, squinting her eyes at him. Parker sticks his tongue out and Athelia does the same. Children. "Alright..." Celia says "we should discuss the tour". Scott takes a sip of the expensive wine he order of everyone to celebrate 'the amazing new F1 year' sure... "yes. The tour will begin in London" he looks at Parker, probably from London with his British accent and asshole behaviour. Scott continues "then we will be going to Berlin, Prague, Milan, Monaco, Barcelona, Paris, Athens. Ending the tour in Miami." While listing the countries, the waiter comes with the food, each of us mumbling a thank you as we starting digging. Ember's eyes go wide with each country he lists and I laugh quietly, attracting Theo's attention. "Jesus..." she mumbles into her steak and green beans. "Something the matter, baby" Spencer smirks at her as Ember shoots daggers at him, blushing softly at the nickname. She manages to lift her head enough to flip him off, causing me and Athelia to laugh at her. "You too" she says, playfully flipping Athelia and I. Scott begins a conversation with Celia, no doubt about the course of the trips and the activities bestowed on us. Parker and Spencer speak in hushed voiced, occasionally glancing at Athelia and Ember, talking about something. That leaves me and Theo. I decide to talk to him. He seems like the only rational and nice person out of the team. I angle my body in his direction, his eyes already on me "hi" I say, making him smile as he answers "hey". We sit in silence, listening to the people rushing past and conversations of others before he says "so..modelling?" He gives me a look, an invitation to say something. "Yeah. It's really not like they show in the media". He laughs "I figured. How is it?" He seems genuinely interested. "Well...it's exhausting. Everyone thinks models don't have problems and we live off on riches and shit gold" that causes him to laugh as i continues "we don't. It's kind of boring". He looks at me "why do it then?" I shrug "I don't really have anything to fall back on. I need money to survive and it gives me a possibility of a future I want" I can tell he wants to ask what future I want but I am absolutely in no mood to be questioned by anyone so as he opens his mouth to say something I beat him to it. "F1? A dream of yours?" It's his turn to shrug "I loved it. Love it. I don't think it's something I want to do for the rest of my life" he stares into his steak as I ask "what do you want?" That makes him look at me "I like playing guitar" I stare at him with wide eyes "shit really? That's so cool" weirdly, he visibly relaxes at the genuine interest in my voice "you play? Like for an audience?" I ask. He laughs lightly as he shakes his head "no. Not yet. Someday. I write". "You have to let me hear it one day" he smiles as he looks at me "sure. one day. If we don't kill each other by the end of this" I nod, agreeing with the statement. Ember and Athelia have little to no patience when it comes to men. Rightfully so. They've been burned before. We all have. Angling my head back towards the table and away from Theo, I notice Parker and Ember glaring at each other. Athelia tries to intercept "can you both stop?" Parker rips his gaze away from Ember and letting it fall on Athelia "sure thing, princess" he says with so much male authority and assholeness that causes Athelia to flip him off "is that all you can do?" He challenges her. Athelia picks up Embers stake knife as she angles it towards him. Oh no.

•••

"This shit is boring" Ember exclaims, holding her glass of champagne as if it's her only redemption from this torture. "I'm considering jumping underneath one of cars" Athelia moans, looking absolutely bored and pissed off. The event is mostly for press, with businessmen and sponsors attending as well as influential people. Many happen to be men unfortunately and most think it's absolutely okay to look at Athelia's ass or boobs. "I swear if another looks in my direction, I am going to claw his eyes out" she hisses, shooting the guy a dirty look as he stumbles away. "I hate men" Ember grumbles, taking yet another sip from the bubbly glass. I mumble in agreement as an announcement booms through the speakers and every head turns towards the stage, occupied by Scott Rogers, dressed professionally and ready for the start of the season. Next to him is of course, the Bernardi team in the flesh, Parker, Spencer and Theo standing side by side in their drive suits. Ready to demonstrate what the F1 will be seeing this year. "Welcome! I will not be boring you all with my voice" everyone laughs at his joke but you can tell he likes hearing himself talk. All men do. "yet, before we preceded, I would like to introduce three very specific, beautiful ladies who will be part of our 2022 F1 world tour and the Bernardi x Grenade Power campaign. Please warmly welcome, Athelia Hartford, Naomi Singh and Ember Camden". As we were told and practiced, all of us walk to the stage, smiling warmly at everyone gathered, our steps in sync. We join on the stage, on the other side of Scott to the boys as they look at us, a look mixed with distaste and wariness but also with curiosity all in one. Interesting. "Let this F1 year begin!"

Authors note

Sorry for not posting like I said lmao. I've been sick and I'm currently trying not do die. On the plus side I just got a new book, Crescent City 2 and it's good. Please remember to take care of yourselves, drink plenty of water, eat and remember you are a goddess. Ily <3