Chapter 3 [Average]

You heard heavy racing footsteps from behind you.

You

Shit, what have I done?...

Right as you were about to escape, one of the Infected jumped right through the window in an attempt to grab you.

You

God, what's with the Infected always breaking windows?...

Looking in the direction where you heard the pebble fall, you saw a boy with extremely exquisite clothing trying to run for it too. He looked confused and just a bit scared.

It was such a sight to you, you haven't seen a normal person until then.

You

"Hey! You over there!"

His head turned your way, not even realizing that one of the Infected was running right at him.

You weren't going to kill it in time, so you had to quite literally throw yourself right into him. You both rolled and tumbled, the Infected still running right at the both of you.

Before it could stoop down to your level and eat you, you quickly stabbed its neck a bunch of times, the blood splattering all over you and the guy you were protecting in your arms. 

After pulling out your blade after confirming its death, you quickly caught your breath and helped the boy up.

You

"Jeez- Sorry about that. It's the only way to kill them really."

He was completely silent, you had your hands on his shoulders, trying to reassure him in some sort of way.

You

"You weren't bitten, were you? And you're not injured?"

You said, still stabbing the shit out of the remaining Infected who were around your area.

???

"..." 

You

"... Hey y'know, you're quite short for a guy."

???

"... I'm leaving."

You

"Hey, hey! You can't leave!"

???

"I'm leaving."

You

"Pfft fine, go die out there. I know your dumbass is clueless."

Your attitude suddenly jumped into the conversation.

The boy stopped walking away with his fists clenched and shaky.

???

"Who are you to talk to me like that?..."

His voice was louder and sounded a lot more intimidating.

You

"... You do know that you're not the boss of me, right? You're hella weak, and I had to save you. Don't act like you're above me."

???

"Hmph."

You

"Anyways, have you seen a guy with blonde hair and a braid?"