A Serene Goodbye

Mornings are sunshine and so was today. The woman who was sitting there had her curtains of the French window open. With her hands on her thighs, her eyes were closed taking easy yet deep breaths.

When a small timer had rung, she opened her hair and let it flow across her shoulders

When a small timer had rung, she opened her hair and let it flow across her shoulders. Opening her eyes, she looked at the serene and calm atmosphere in front of her eyes with sunlight thriving to come out of the clouds.. 

Getting up, she stretched herself towards  before she went towards her closet. Picking up a few clothes for herself, she entered the bathroom and opened herself. Bare yet naked.. In and out. Her whole life was transparent and so was her body. Everything was flowing. The water from the shower head trickled down her dusky skin and brown strands of hair.

A different smell arose from her hair and body. A smell she had loved.. A lemony mint smell which made her close her eyes as she let out a shaky breath. Lathering the soap mechanically, she felt different once she could smell rose and lavender in the air..

When she closed the shower head, she wrapped herself in a towel before she looked at herself at the mirror. Her neck had a few red marks. She grazed her fingers above them and stretched her neck a bit to look how deep those were, just like the miry depths of the ocean. Just on the surface but the unseen depth was mysterious.

As she came out of the room, she saw a steaming cup of something.. Coffee or tea. Yeah, it was a routine after their time. She smiled before reading the note which was stuck to the glass..

"Wasn't meant but felt it would be good yet I couldn't help."

Wearing her spectacles from the table, she discarded the note and checked her phone which was kept for charging.. Her pictures were all over the online news. Rumours around... Sometimes, she wished to remain anonymous..  How good it would be to be away from all social media attraction, rumours and myths! Just a desire that was miles away.

She wanted to bask in the truth and its side-effects. A place which was shady and dark where only open-minded people entered! It was a  place she loved the most yet her life was meant to be weaved with lies, lust, love and a few ashes..

Keeping her phone aside, she took the cup and smelled the elachi which sang through the cup. Walking downstairs, she saw her man with a towel around his neck with a black sweatshirt and sweat pant.. He looked devilishly hot..

"Hey.." Maya called out with a smile while he looked at her and winked..

"Hi.. Looking great.. Ready to go for work?"

"Nope. I really wish to stay insideeee.." She stretched her sentence lazily while Rohit quipped," Jenny is becoming quite lazy with her works.."