Drink With Me (Grantaire Love story)

Prologue.

How could I move on? How does one erase this pain? I can’t get her out of my head. Wait... There is a way that can erase the pain... Not erase it but make it the torture stop for a little while.

Rum. Whiskey. Anything that has alcohol in it....

I raised my hand to continue to drink out of my bottle but nothing came out. I groaned disappointedly, then motioned to the barmaid that I needed more. The barmaid was a young thing much like... no, I couldn’t even say her name without it hurting. Every time a little mention of her or thought of her entered my head, I would see her face then my chest would tighten and my heart would continue to break slowly.

“What can I get you Monsieur?” the barmaid asked, she had a calm presence about her much like... no!

“Whiskey and keep ‘em comin’,” I slurred drunkenly. The barmaid set her small tray on my table and occupied the chair next to mine.

“Grantaire, haven’t you had enough to drink already?” she asked, a little concerned. I shook my head ‘no’.

“The pain isn’t gone yet,” I mumbled.

“Whiskey and Rum aren’t going to get rid of the pain,” she murmured, I scoffed.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about!” I snapped, she grimaced but stood her ground.

“Grantaire, no matter how many times you drink, whatever is bothering you is just going to get worse.”

“What will get rid of it?” I asked, practically begging her to give me the answer to my never ending question.

“Talking about it, if you hold it inside you, it’s going to eat you until you, yourself are the whiskey and rum.”

“But it hurts... It didn’t always hurt though....” I smirked recalling the beginning.

“Ah there’s a smile, why don’t you start from the beginning, and go until Enjolras comes for me.”

“I’m not sure where to begin, Genevieve.... Wait, I do...”

Thank you to the floshow for giving me the idea and Kyrahavalon for helping me come up with ideas!