Out and about

My team arrived at my hotel at midday the next day, preparing me for my performance at The Ford that night. It was a music festival, meaning there would be multiple artists there. I was to be performing Wooden Soul, though I would also perform The Path, not the Sirens and An American Town. It was as we were driving to the venue, and I was sitting alone in the back seat, when I found out. I was on my phone, scrolling through my social feeds, when I happened by an article mentioning James Dale. I made to continue scrolling, until I caught eye of the entire title. James Dale seen with British actress Charlotte May upon returning to London.

I saw the date of the article, realised it was released that day, and clicked on it.

Lady's man James Dale has recently been spotted in London entering a hotel hand-in-hand with the 'To End It All,' actress, Charlotte May. The couple were caught by passing paparazzi who recognised them immediately.

The online world went up in a buzz upon seeing these images. Many, of course, are wondering what has happened to British singer Este Blackwood, who James Dale is rumoured to be dating. Several sources have indicated that the couple has broken up, despite appearing on friendly terms at the recent Grammys.

When I returned to my socials, it was to see images flooding my timelines of James Dale and Charlotte May. Yes, that was certainly him, and that was certainly her. Holding her hand with each photo of them together. It was hitting me, that this boy was out and about with some other girl.

I was rather quiet for the rest of the ride to the Ford. I changed into my costume, practised my vocals, then found myself forgetting about the images as I sang for my fans in the crowd that night. I could hear their voices singing the words to every lyric of my songs. I could only smile in thanks, in appreciation, for they would never realise how much I adored them and their support for me.

Though I also could not help but allow my mind to wander, whenever I was letting the audience sing, or when there was a pause in my song. I would allow my mind to wander back to what I had just read. I felt rather lost, a little miserable. Though it was not because of what I had seen. Rather, it was because of my reaction. Or my lack of a reaction. For I did not feel much when I saw those images, or when I was thinking about them, like in those moments on the stage. I did not feel angry, scared, hurt, or betrayed, although I knew very well what those two had done in that hotel room. I did not have the energy nor the passion to judge or question. For hadn't I slept with other men, when I had already known that I would devout my entire life to James Dale if he asked me in an instant? Hadn't I fooled around, when I was most certainly in a relationship, or at least in a burning connection, with James Dale?

Hadn't I, also, been out and about with some other boys?