Two

Jeongguk pulled up in front of Taehyung's apartment by nine in the morning

Jeongguk pulled up in front of Taehyung's apartment by nine in the morning. He had called Taehyung that morning and told him that he was on his way. He looked around now, trying to see if Taehyung had come downstairs, as he had promised to do so that day. He had planned the evening with Taehyung but not the morning. He only wanted to spend time with him. To hug him, inhale his scent which he had missed so much, and hear his voice close to him.

However, Taehyung had other plans. He told Jeongguk that he wanted to sleep in and then go somewhere, which Jeongguk had no idea about. But whatever Taehyung wants, Jeongguk was down for. He just wanted to meet Taehyung, hold hands with him and see him smile. He wanted to simply feel him. Because Jeongguk was afraid that he was starting to forget what it felt like to be close to him. They had been apart for so long. Too long.

Jeongguk fished out his phone with a sigh, still parked at the driveway of Taehyung's apartment. He pushed the gears to the parking option and rested his feet from the brake before blocking his phone and opening the call app. He saw Taehyung's contact on his recent.

My Love🐯💕

A soft smile stretched on Jeongguk's lips when he saw the contact name and photo. It was a photo of Taehyung wearing a white beanie. He was smiling, making his cheeks look extra puffy. Like bread. Bread cheeks, Jeongguk loved to call them. So did the fans, Jeongguk knew. It was taken by Jeongguk when then went to New Zealand back in 2019. It remained as one of Jeongguk's favourite pictures of Taehyung.

He pressed the call icon and put the phone to his ear, hoping Taehyung would pick up. He wanted to tell Taehyung that he had arrived and asked him if he was on his way down. Jeongguk couldn't afford to be late for the things he had planned for the evening. Since Taehyung also had plans, if they were late, Jeongguk's plan for a romantic getaway would be ruined.

Taehyung didn't answer.

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows together as he brought the phone in front of his eyes. The call ended and Jeongguk was met with his wallpaper: one of him and Taehyung. A selfie Jeongguk took back in America before they parted ways. Jeongguk loved that picture. It was one of him and Jeongguk lying in bed and Taehyung cuddled to his side and his arms across Jeongguk's bare chest. Taehyung looked so adorable with his puffy cheeks since he was asleep. The picture always made Jeongguk's heart race.

Jeongguk quickly opened the messenger app and started writing Taehyung a message.

Baby, I'm here. Are you going to come downstairs?

After hitting send, Jeongguk waited for Taehyung to reply. A few minutes went by and still, there was no answer. If Taehyung wasn't busy, he would always answer Jeongguk in a few minutes.

Maybe his phone was dead?

Maybe he was still in the shower. He would reply soon.

Jeongguk decided to wait a little more and opened his Instagram app. He wasn't following anyone on his public, official account. So he opened his private account, which he had opened recently because why have Instagram if he was only going to follow the members? The six people he sees almost every day and speaks to every day? His own family?