Chapter Eight

Dracula lead Mavis to the library.

"Look honey there's no falling in love at your age" he said.

"Mom was my age, Eunice says mom kissed you first cause you were too scared to make the first move" Mavis said.

"Yeah, yeah, forget about me and mom and kissing" Dracula said.

"Dad at some point i'm going to get married, and maybe you'll love again at some point and i'd be fine with that" Mavis paused "But i can't be here forever" she said.

Dracula ponded over what she said for a minute before she added on that last bit.

"What? Why not? You're barely out of your training fangs" Dracula said.

~

Meanwhile Quasimodo was evading gargoyles in the lobby, all while still having Valerie and Johnny tied to his back.

"Aha, Quasi wins again! When you bump with the hump you'll land on your rump!" he said before running off to the kitchen.

~

"But why all the sudden interest? Every time we used to talk about love it was all "Uh dad that's gross" and "Uh dad i don't want to know about that" " Dracula said.

Mavis sighed "I don't know" she said before the doors were slammed open by a suit of armor.

"Sir, he made it into the kitchen" the armor said.

"He what? What do i pay you for? Uh sorry honey i-i have got to go" Dracula said slipping away and heading to the kitchen, the suit of armor following him after commenting to Mavis "He doesn't pay me"

~

Dracula flew into the kitchen in his bat form.

~

In the kitchen Quasimodo had Johnny and Valerie tied to a rotisserie slowly turning it over a flame.

"Uh before you kill me can i please talk to my backpack one more time? I don't wanna leave anything unresolved" Johnny said but Quasimodo ignored him.

Valerie rolled her eyes at him all the while trying to think of a way to escape, but she didn't have to as Dracula came in busting through the door.

"Bonjour mousier Dracula" Quasimodo greeted casually.

Dracula rushed over "Shut your hump hole" he said knocking the cook out of the way, putting out the flame and freeing Valerie and Johnny and going to escape with them but Quasi got in the way.

"Now you are helping them? What is it with you and these humans?" Quasimodo asked.

"They are not human! Johnny's a stein and Valerie is a vampire!" Dracula told the cook.

"That's right little man i'm a stein!" Johnny said to the cook while Valerie stayed behind Dracula holding onto his hand, which he had grabbed while saving them.

"If he is a monster, then let him scare Esmerelda" Quasimodo said referring to his mouse.

"The mouse? Pfft, without a doubt" Dracula said, glancing back at Johnny and Valerie, mainly Valerie.

"Okay here we go" Johnny said going first and making faces at the mouse which went totally nonplussed, where as Johnny went running from it and colliding into a bunch of pots and pans after the mouse just squeaked.

Valerie just stayed quiet as it seemed the cook had forgotten about her momentarily.

"A human, a human, count Dracula has brought a human into the -" Quasimodo's yelling was cut off when Dracula froze him and he left with Valerie and Johnny leaving the cook frozen.