Chapter 3

"Oh dear god!" Kabir whispered to himself.

This was turning to be a long day indeed. He was tired of it all. The boy was the same one whom Kabir had his behind in the morning. It was still morning but to Kabir it seems as if a whole day had passed. The boy was a head taller than Kabir and wider than him.

Kabir took a step back, swallowing nervously.

"Look whatever you think you saw. It wasn't real. W-What are you even talking about? Monsters aren't real man!"

"D-Don't play with me. I-I saw you. Those glowing swords, and t-that shriek. I even have a video of it." his face had gone white.

The boy thrust a screen in Kabir's face. The video grab wasn't clear. The cameraman had been peeking from the side of the wall. The video was shaky and there was someone breathing heavily in it. Kabir presumed it was the boy. Kabir saw himself jumping towards the ghost in air with his daggers. The video hadn't recorded the ghosts. They never could. Kabir stiffened as he saw the video. Near the ending of the video, someone shrieked. It was then when the boy had dropped the phone and whelped.

Kabir expelled a breath he didn't know he had been holding, 'This is certainly a major complication. God! Why does this always happen with me' he sighed 'Can't do anything about it but figure it out.'

He was broken out of his reverie.

"L-Look I know what I saw. And it wasn't natural. W-What are you?"

"What's your name?" Kabir asked

"M-My n-name? Why do you wanna know that? A-Are you gonna curse me?" the boy had shrunk back. His eyes were wide open. He was starting to sweat.

Kabir raised his hands in a placating gesture. He inhaled deeply. Sometimes he wish he didn't have to deal with this stuff.

"Look I'm going to be honest with you. It's common courtesy to know someone's name. Don't you think so too? And let's make a little deal here; um, I will tell you everything you want to know but you can't tell it to anyone else. And I can't curse people too you know."

Kabir extended his right hand towards the boy. Inching slowly towards the boy.

The boy seemed to be calm down enough to process his words.

"M-My name is Salim. Salim Shaik." he was extending his hand towards Kabir.

"That's a great start. My name is Kabir Acharya. You mind if I call you Sam?"

Kabir gripped Salim's hand. Salim's hand was sweaty and warm.

"Y-Yeah, you can do so."

"Okay, so Sam. Give me the phone and I'll explain what you see in the video. We have a deal right now. I'll tell you everything."

"For r-real?"

"Yes. Wouldn't break a deal." Kabir crossed his heart to show his resolve.

"Did you make copies of it Sam?"

"Um no I didn't. I didn't want anyone else to figure to see it."

'Saved me a whole lot of trouble kid. I'm sorry I have to do this but this world isn't made for you.' Kabir thought.

"Good thinking" was all he said as he erased the video from Sam's phone and made sure to check for copies. Turns out there weren't any copies anywhere.

"Here you can have your phone back."

Sam snatched his phone back and his eyes widened in shock.

"No, no, no, no, no. What did you do? We had a deal. We had a d-deal and you broke it." Sam became agitated. His eyes were squinting at Kabir. He was huffing. It almost felt like he would attack Kabir then and there.