Chapter 16

Masky walked through the endless forest, the sounds of crickets, katydids, and owls filled the nighttime summer air. He was doing his usual patrol, keeping an eye out for any people wandering around. The smell of smoke filled the air, and he walked quietly towards the source of the smell. As he got closer he saw the faint glow of a campfire.

"Bingo."

He crept over to the fire, hiding behind the trunk of a large tree. The sounds of people laughing and gathering around a campfire drowned out the sounds of nature. What normally would be a fun occasion was about to turn sour for them. Masky felt around in his pockets, checking for all of his materials. He pulled a knife out of the large pocket of his cargo pants. He planned his moves, counting the amount of people. There were five people, three girls, two boys. He guessed they were about 19-21. There were bottles of hard seltzer scattered on the ground, and their laughter filled the air. Masky had no remorse or hesitation for what he was about to do, after all they were invading on his turf.

He ran out from behind his hiding spot and plunged his knife into the side of the closest person's neck, killing them instantly. The rest of the group began to shriek and scream, Masky throwing his knife at one of the boys, hitting him in the center of his forehead. He lunged forward, grabbing the knife out of the boy's head and stabbing it into the neck of one of the other boys. Two girls remained, Masky kicked the boy's body freeing his knife, and turned around to stab the girl. The last girl ran away, but Masky quickly caught up to her, pinning her to the ground and holding the knife above her head.

"P-Please don't kill me! I'll do whatever you want." Wasn't this familiar, a nasty grimace spread across Masky's face.

"Anything?" The girl nodded vigorously. He tapped the chin on his mask, feigning some sort of deep thought.

"Anything you want! No matter what!" Masky dragged his knife gently down her face, not making any cuts. This girl's begging reminded him of when he first met you, and he decided to toy with her for just a little longer.

"And out of everyone I've killed, why should I spare you, what makes you so special?" He grabbed her face, squeezing her cheeks. The girl was silent for a moment, carefully choosing her words.

"Serial killer guys like you need a little help now and then, I'm sure you could find a use for me somehow~" Masky saw right through it, she was trying to charm her way out of this. The idea of this slutty forest girl trying to get in his pants made him physically ill. Unfortunately for this random lady Masky had a beautiful woman at home waiting for him, and whatever this girl was trying to offer wouldn't be as good as anything you could give him anyway. He became bored of toying with this woman, and decided it was time to take out the trash. Masky laughed, and twirled the knife in his hand.

"Sorry, I already have a wife." Her playful smirk quickly snapped to a look of pure horror, as Masky slit her throat, leaving her there to die. He got up off her and walked over to the other four bodies, searching them for anything he could loot. He noticed a man and one of the women had matching wedding rings. He slid the rings off their fingers and examined them, they were quite simple, he liked that. The man's ring was just a plain gold band, and the woman's ring was also a plain gold band with one center diamond. He slipped them into his pocket, along with cash from their wallets. He also gathered up all of the hard seltzers, carrying home whatever unopened cans were left behind.

He silently thanked the broke newlyweds hanging around in the forest, now he didn't have to go out and buy a wedding ring. He held up the cans of hard seltzer, reading their labeling. Pineapple Whiteclaws, Masky wasn't particularly fond of Whiteclaws, to him they just felt like water. Although he had snagged two rings and about $60 worth of cash he wished they had better taste in drinks.