chapter 5: uhhh.. okay

Lyra's POV:
Honestly... that was the best night I had in a while. Just looking at Brent made me feel at ease. He was so chill and the vibe was immaculate. I hope our bond turns into something great.
5 minutes later, I get home from dropping Brent off. I hope my bestie is sleeping and not worried about me. I turn off my car and hop out. I lock my doors and start walking to my dorm. Walking to the door, I see the guard and I raise up my ID to inform her I live here. She greets me with a nod and I cary on from a long night. I take the stairs up to my room and walked to my door. As soon as I unlocked the door, I walk into the room and went straight to my bed. I don't even know if Roro is up or not but I need to go to bed. Can't even bother to take off my clothes, I plop into my soft bed, and doze off.

(the next day..)

I woke up and immediately had a headache, what a hell of a night. I rolled over to the other side of my bed to grab my phone. The first person I saw in my notifications was Brent telling me "morning". I smiled and told him good-morning back. The creak of my door opening made my head shift to the door to see who's disturbing my peace.
"Hi bestie! you got tea to spill right now" she said plopping on my bed.
"Girl, we didn't even do anything" I said.
She stared at me with a blank facial expression like I was lying.
"I'm serious, he did a lil flirting and I just took his compliments" I said.
"Good" she said getting up
I was confused on why she was acting so weird. Now I feel like it's something she not telling me... and she tells me everything. She left my room in silence.
"Uhhh..okay" I said grabbing my phone.
Brent asked me if I had a good time last night and I told him "yeah".
After texting him back, I get on tiktok and started to scroll.
"Lyra?" she yelled.
"What Roro" I yelled back.
"You know I love you right? I wouldn't let nothing or nobody hurt you right?" She said.
"Girl, is you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm forever straight. Just letting you know" she said.
"I already know bestie. I love you too" I said.
I put in my AirPods 'cus I'm not finna hear Rora hangover speech today.

Brent's POV

"So where the fuck was you last night?" Dior yelled

"Ma'am I am not obligated to tell you where I was at. We is not even together for you to be doing all this extra shit" I said.
"See, this is why I can't stand you B, all you do is treat me wrong and do me wrong with some bitch that's not going to stick by you in the long run" she said.
"Once again, we ain't together. I don't know what the fuck you on, but you tweaking" I said.
"If we not together, why you still around me?!? You always come in my bed and be all in my face and be sleeping underneath me!" she ranted.
Sometimes, I just tend to tune her out when she ranting. In my head, she sounds muffled. I just can't stand her sometimes. Finally, She walks off and goes into her room.
I put my hands over my face and sigh. I got home around five and Dior was up waiting for me when I got back. We've been arguing ever since. It's tiring having to deal with somebody that wants to argue all damn day then be in your face trying to apologize. One second later Dior burst through the dorm door with my phone.
"B, please let me know who the entire fuck this is" she asked while holding my phone.
It was Lyra.. I labeled her contact name as "Ly" and she must of read my messages.
"A shorty I met at the party last night" I said.
She threw my phone on the couch and stormed off to the room. Honestly, I don't got shit to hide. Especially to a girl that ain't mine. I don't got a password to my phone, so she can be nosy all she want.
I went to the couch to grab my phone. When I unlocked my phone, I saw what Lyra texted me.
"Wyd today?"
Damn.

hey guys.. I know y'all prolly mad at me...
IM SORRY !
I'll get on ONE KNEE and say I'm sorry.
I don't know what got into me to start writing, but I realized that it helps me calm down and it's actually fun as freak! I was really tweaking for not finishing this cause my story actually good (no cocky shit). I really need to make a schedule to starting writing new chapters. So yeah. Love y'all <3