Chapter 10

||Chapter 10||

Chloe's POV

Today is the day. Tomorrow all of us might be dead. We had tried to make a desperate plan to escape, but mist of us had trouble just standing up. How could we outrun a grown man with a gun? Soon the kidnapper entered the room and told us to follow him. This was the first time since we were brought here that we left the room. The halls were made of stone, and there were dim lights in the ceiling. We walked for which felt forever until the man pulled open a heavy door to his left and pushed us inside.
"I'll be back soon", he said and left us in the dark. I looked around me in horror. There was blood on the walls and the only source of light was a lamp hanging on the ceiling. The light was very dim. I was disgusted. I heard the door open and turned around. It was the kidnapper. He was dragging somebody by her arm. Maddie. She had blood and dirt all over her skin and her clothes were dirty and ripped.
"You have one hour to play with your friend. But I would be careful, I might have accidentally broken a bone or two", he laughed, pushed Maddie to the ground and left the room. We all rushed to Maddie.
"Maddie are you with us? Answer!" Kenzie cried at Maddie.
"Are you ok?" I asked. It was a dumb question considering her face was covered in blood, but I wanted to hear that she was ok.
"I'm so sorry", Maddie said, her voice faint.
"For what?" I asked and helped Maddie get up to a sitting position.
"Thar you guys are here", Maddie answered.
"We are just glad that you are ok", Kendall said and hugged Maddie.
We were all chatting, crying, hugging and crying some more. Our only hope was for our moms to bring the money!