Chapter 7

||Chapter 7||

Kenzie's POV

I was standing in a room.
"Maddie are you here?!" I screamed.
"You shouldn't be here!" Maddie cried and walked out of the shadows. She was wearing a white evening gown and she had angel wings.
"Run Kenzie run!" She said.
"I don't want to loose you again" I whispered.
"Run Kenzie!" Maddie cried desperatly. I started running and opened a door. I came to a room full of mirrors. I walked to one mirror. Instead if me, in the mirror I saw Chloe.
"Are you ok Chlo?" I asked. She had kneeled down, bleeding. I realised that in all mirrors I saw my friends dying in different ways. Before they died, they yelled the same thing over and over again:
"Run Kenzie run!"
I tried running but the door was gone. I fell on the ground and covered my ears.
"Noooooooooooo!" I screamed.
I woke up in a dark room, my friends lying beside me, still asleep. The room was dark and the floor and walls were made of dark stone. The only door was made of metal. My friends were asleep, but none of them seemed damaged.
"It was just a dream", I try to comfort myself. I lie back down and roll myself as small as possible. I start crying. I keep seeing the image of Maddie lying on the ground. What if the kidnapper had tricked us? What if Maddie was dead long before he sent the text? That picture was the only piece of evidence we had. Now it's gone.
"Maddie, if you are an angel, will you protect us? Be our guardian angel?" I sobbed.
"But if you are alive, please be safe" I whispered. This time I dream of flying together with Maddie, reaching for the starry sky.