9). Back and Better

Nyrobi's POV

3 months later

It's been 3 months since I've seen or spoken to Janet. She runs through my mind all the time, but I can't bring myself to contact her. In all honesty, I've been avoiding everybody except my TT Missy, Pumpkin, my daughter, mother, and Dom.

Oddly, Dom and I have been like the best of friends. We ran into one another leaving the therapist office and just clicked. Having her and Kia in my corner has been great. I was told that Janet was trying to reach out to me but I just couldn't face her. I was so embarrassed of how I portrayed myself when I first met her. The headspace I was in 3 months ago is totally different from headspace I'm in now.

I just got my own car out here finally! A 2019 Kia Sport with a custom color. I got rid of all my old stripper clothes and replaced them with business casual apparel. I even found a new hobby with cooking to keep myself going. I applied for graduation last month and it was accepted. I'll be going to going home in 2 weeks to walk the stage and accept my degree. I'm so proud of myself and my little support team. Feeling my phone buzz, I see a Text from Dom

Dom💃🏽♥️: Nyrobiiiiii

: Dominiqueeeee

Dom💃🏽♥️: Can you do me a favor plz bestie?

: if it's food, I'm already on it. I'm cooking now if you want me to bring you a some. I made too much.

Dom💃🏽♥️: Yes plz!

: Ok boo. You at the crib?

Dom💃🏽♥️: Yea. Thank you stinka butt

I chuckle at the last message cause that bitch is really funny as hell. She reminds me of Kia. But Kia been acting funny as hell towards me lately so fuck her right now.

Freshening up my hair which was done in a simple jet black middle part blunt cut, and put on some lipgloss. I packed Dom three large tuba-ware full with food(cause she eats like a grown ass man) and headed out the guest house to my car. I sent my aunt and pumpkin a text letting them know I was leaving but there was food I cooked in the guest house if they wanted some. I also sent Dom a text saying I was in my way. She lives about 30 mins away from us. I put on my music and was headed to see my friend!

Janet's POV

I touched down in LA yesterday. I was in London for about 2 months. I needed that getaway. It's been 3 about months since I've seen Ny. I don't understand why she ghosted me like that. I thought we were headed down the right path. I asked Missy about her so many times and the only thing she told me was that Ny was "getting her shit together". Which I'm happy about but, she could've let me know if I did something wrong. I never meant for my comments about her alcohol intake to rub her wrong.

Gil and Denzel came by my house to visit Eissa and I but I didn't want to sit in the house for long so I asked Carrie to watch Eissa. Gil, Denzy and I decided to drive around the city.

"Jan have you talked to Nyrobi?" Denzel asked

"I haven't. Have y'all?" I asks, looking in Gil's face because he always know somebody, that knows somebody

"I haven't either. I don't know what we did to her. But it's like she just said fuck us. I tried to stalk her social media but everything is gone." Gil said