Hibiscus

"Horikita-senpai, thank you for meeting me today." Nanase sat down and greeted her.

"It's no problem. What did you want to discuss today?" Horikita replied.

"I would like to discuss the special exam. I'd like to negotiate without Housen-kun here—I'd prefer not to get violent."

"Very well then, what do you propose?" Horikita asked.

"I'd like to propose to pay the points. So far, 98 out of the 157 pairs have been formed. None of my classmates have formed a pair under the instructions of Housen-kun. Along with this, less than half of your class has formed one as well."

"Two million points is absurd. I'd like to negotiate a different offer."

"Then what do you have in mind Horikita-senpai?"

"I'd like to propose that we form 15 pairs in regards to academic ability. No points are to be offered between us."

"I'm sorry, Horikita-senpai, I don't think Housen-kun would allow that."

"I am just saying, if we prolong this, not just mine—but your class will also be in trouble. A randomly formed pair would be dangerous to even a Class A student. Not to mention, an entire class formed of random pairs."

"You do have a point, Horikita-senpai." Nanase replied. "I do think it is a good idea considering the time remaining until the exam, however, I am not entirely sure if Housen-kun would accept this."

"Housen-kun has control over the class like Ryuuen-kun then."

"Yes, Housen-kun rules the class with an iron-fist. That is why I also excluded the idea of simply waiting for Housen-kun to cooperate—he would likely not listen."

"So, he only does what he wants."

"Yes."

"That's quite problematic. But, we don't want to hand over the points, it's an absurd amount after all."

"I agree that it is indeed an absurd amount. But, maybe we can negotiate the price? Housen-kun might be willing to bargain that."

"Then, 100,000."

"That's too little. Or at least, in Housen-kun's standards."

"Then, what do you think is the minimal amount he will take?"

"I'd say, if it comes to a situation where he has to comply, then 1 Million."

"That's still a big number..."

"Unfortunately... I can't do much about it due to Housen-kun's personality."

"Then, how about we make a deal on our own? Behind his back." Horikita suggested.

"Hmm... It can work, but it depends on my classmates. I can't convince all of them after all, as they fear Housen-kun."

"Then, what are you going to do?"

"I will only do it behind his back, if it comes to the point where both of our classes are in danger."

We sat in the library. Horikita and Nanase were discussing the special exam—Nanase was trying to convince Horikita to accept the deal, while she was trying to convince Nanase to form another deal.

For roughly eight minutes, they proposed ideas on what we can compromise on.

Meanwhile, I sat here, reading a book in quiet. I was currently reading Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. 

The main protagonist in this novel has no sense of will, as everything she does is by the will of her father. 

She was expected to be perfect.