Adam Harris

Adam Harris was a typical man, 26 years old, tall, slightly ugly, and poorly dressed. The only thing that made him different, was that he tried to kill me. He wouldn't have succeeded of course but it was interesting to at least let him try.

I have a one-bedroom flat in Lewisham. It's all I needed. I was on my way there from my workplace when I felt someone's eyes on me. I didn't turn my head, but I listened attentively. I heard their footsteps, heavy, shuffling feet would graze the pavement with each step. It was about midnight, and there weren't many people around. My short, black hair was being carried by a cold wind as I walked.

I wasn't entirely sure of his intent, only assuming that he wanted to hurt me. I decided to test my theory by walking into a dark alleyway that lead to a dead end. He continued to follow, and at that point, I realised his decision. Once I reached the cold brick wall that would block me from walking any further, I turned, by that point he was close. In his hand, something glimmered and shone from the distant streetlight. A knife.

He grabbed me, holding the knife to my neck. it was flimsy and he was holding it haphazardly. I could tell that he hadn't done this before, or at least not for a while.
"What do you want?" I said, each gulp of saliva pushing my neck further upon the blade.

"Your money, all of it, anything you have." He said sternly. I smiled, small wrinkles forming from the corners of my mouth to my nose. "What, you think this is funny?" He pushed the knife harder against my skin "I'll fucking kill you, bitch!" He began to raise his voice.

I chuckled, and swiftly lifted my knee, hitting him right between his legs. The knife fell from his hands as he recoiled. At this moment I pounced, leaping on him with such force that he was knocked to the ground. I hastily bit into his neck, whereupon he struggled and thrashed violently underneath me.

Much like David, from a couple nights ago, he grew weaker. He struggled less and less, the more blood I drew from him. "Fuckin'... cunt," where his last words. I watched his eyes as he faded away, like his soul had left him, if he even had one.

I was glad to have a meal, I was starting to get thirsty, and I didn't even have to look. Adam Harries walked right into my lap. I found his wallet, and therefore his name.

I wiped his blood from my lips and left his body right where I killed him. He was scum, unimportant, and probably will be forgotten. I didn't care about Adam, or any of my other victims for that matter.

Men like Adam deserved to be killed.
Some may wonder why I go through all the trouble, like with David. Spending days upon days letting him court me, only to kill him in a motel room and pretend like it never happened. If anything, I could've gone about it in a much speedier fashion, leading him into an alleyway and ripping out his neck!

Well, it's almost as if their blood tastes better the longer I know them for. Sort of like fast food. It feels cheap, and effortless if I were to carelessly kill. I suppose it's more rewarding to lead them on for a few days. Sick, isn't it?

Like with Harris, for example. I feel sluggish and unsatisfied, even though I've just feasted on his blood. Perhaps it's a mental thing. Anyway, I made it home and washed my face. Adam's blood would sustain me for a few days, enough time for me to get to know my next victim a little more.

His name is Nick, he's married, a typical adulterer. At least he's handsome. I met him in a café, he was flirting with me when I saw his ring. I'm meeting him tomorrow, so we'll have to see how this goes. All I know for sure is that he smells... Devine.

Soo... second chapter! No readers yet. I'm still gonna keep writing tho, because I owe it to myself to bring a bit of stability to my life  through consistent writing. If you are reading this, hi. I'm glad you made it up to this point. See you next chapter  :)  <3