Chapter 5 part 3: The Window Artist

The mansion turned out to be much bigger than it had appeared on the outside. The main hall was as big as a cathedral with pillars holding up the incredibly tall ceiling. Giant tubes of paint spilled randomly across the floor to create a splash of colors. There were at least four floors to which the Negati would attempt to reach the gems that had fallen on the upper floors they couldn't reach by stacking on top of each other. Streetbeat thought it looked very adorable, if not irresponsible.

"This place is so big!" Fighter shouted as the echo flowed through the halls. Some Negati got startled and fell out of their totem poles. Fighter ran over to go pick them up.

Lance smiled at Fighter's willingness to help the Negati and went over to pick them up with her. "Don't hurt yourself now little one."

"Thanks, Lance, and I'm sorry little guys." Fighter said, then they waddled away unbothered and ready to start stacking again.

Streetbeat looked up to see the massive skylight that shone down upon the floor. It felt as though an angel was coming down.

"True enough, this place is really big." Streetbeat continued to look around.

"Well, I figure the bigger your life is, the more you'll get out of it, wouldn't you say so darling?" She said with that enthusiastic smile.

Streetbeat felt a bit awkward around her because she was less easy for him to talk to for some reason. Perhaps it was because of outgoing she was."Dar...Whatever, I'm not really into big lifestyles." Streetbeat was never one to ask for much out of anyone. He hadn't even needed anything more for his stage other than background, music, and a fire hydrant for the longest time.

"Well, to each their own I guess." The Madam was respectful but also seemed a little disappointed at Streetbeat's preference for simplicity. She liked the relative size of her mansion, it was like a comfy home for her, her friends, and the Negati.

The custodian tapped Lance on the shoulder with his elbow and with a cough, tapped his cane on the ground. Everyone turned to look at him.

"All well and good, but weren't you going to ask her something, Lance?"

"Ah! Of course, we'd come here to ask about any weird happenings involving any voices or fuzzy creatures."

The Madam's face suddenly turned sour. "Ah right, those little things have been flying around and bothering the Negati! They haven't been bothering me much, but when they do, oh! They're quite detestable!"

"That sounds about right." Streetbeat interjected, "We've also heard some reports on the residents hearing voices, some different to others. Did the happen to you as well?"

"Yes! I hadn't realized it said something different to everyone. It told me "discover..." and that was all."

"Discover?"

Streetbeat thought about what the words might mean. First, time. Now, discover? They seem relatively unconnected. Could it be multiple voices? He looked over to Fighter, who was chatting to both Lance and the Custodian to whom she pulled aside while Streetbeat was talking to the madam, which he was a bit pissed about.

Fighter had found out that the voices didn't come consecutively, but every time they did, the Tims came with them. She figured that whoever was the voice was also controlling the Negati. What she was most worried about, however, was that it felt as though Lance was hiding something, but it wasn't yet clear.

"Fighter!" Streetbeat yelled over to her, beckoning her over, as she looked back, she knew that Streetbeat had some information. She, Lance, and the Custodian walked over.

"What did you find out?" Streetbeat asked immediately.

"Currently, the Tims don't appear without the voices. That means that the power of the source probably has to charge before the Tims come back." Lance looked around, examining the area for Tims as he was speaking.

"Surely. I remembered that the few times the voice had occurred, the Tims became more numerous with each time. I could tell because of my view of the garbage." The Custodian added.

Adding all this together, Lance, Streetbeat, and Fighter all looked at each other and nodded. This meant that the best thing to do would be to check where the source was most frequent.

"We should head out and check with the last of the residents. Are you two coming with us?"

"Quite! It sounds like the Wonderworld is in trouble! I couldn't simply relax!" The Custodian said.

"Well if you're going, I'm coming too!" The Madam affirmed.

Lance smiled again. He was happy that the residents were so willing to help out considering that this not only meant that he could protect them but also have some friends by his side. He didn't want anything to interfere with that.

"Alright then, we really only need to make one more stop!"

"Pensive Pierro's?" Fighter asked.

"Yes, actually. I'm surprised you knew that. Where did you learn that name?"

"It was when we split up in Seagazer's stage. Seagazer and Skygazer told us about it, but we only know their name."

"Alright then. I will go on ahead and make sure that they're actually in their stage beforehand. Give me about 10 minutes to go and find him. Please promise me that you'll stay here! It is imperative that you all stick together!" Lance was being his utmost serious when The Custodian stepped forward.

"Not a thing to worry about! I'll make sure that everyone remains safe. Plus, the madam will be here to help, won't you"

"Of course!" The Madam reassured Lance that there was absolutely nothing to worry about, but even then, Lance couldn't help but worry about Streetbeat and Fighter. With a sigh and a heavy heart, Lance decided it was best that The Custodian and the Madam stay behind so he could keep an eye on fewer people.

"I trust the two of you can keep yourselves safe just fine, but I simply am too worried about the well-being of Streetbeat and Fighter. It'd be best if I brought them with me."

"We can take care of ourselves y'know," Streetbeat said defiantly

"Well the last time you did that, you went into a random portal that, for all intents and purposes, could've atomized you. I believe my concern is justified" 

Streetbeat and Fighter had absolutely nothing to say to that. The Custodian and Madam had several questions about the portal, but they looked at each other and realized that perhaps now wasn't the best time. Lance held out his hand to open a new portal and the three stepped through it while looking back and waving goodbye to the Custodian and Madam as they left. They opened their eyes after the portal's blinding light to find themselves on top of a very high mountain. They slid down the mountain's steep slopes and found themselves in a clearing and saw a massive, bright, and beautiful amusement park. 

"Wow!!" They couldn't even pretend to contain their amazement.