Chapter One The Beginning

On a sunny day at a local beach, Rose was laying on her fluffy purple colored towel that was a couple feet away from the water. The sand stick to her pink small feet and her long two dark brown pony tail's strands danced elegantly in the wind. Her mind was on the burnt smell of cooked hot dogs that was barqueing in the midst from her. Her dad went to go buy her one because of her continuous plea earlier that day. The noise of the waves crashing upon another and another as she reflects on her stomach as it begins to growl. Soon, Mina, noticed her from afar and joined where she was.

"Hey Bestie, how are you?" Mina said.

"Good, just pretty hungry but my dad is bringing back a hotdog for me." Rose replied.

"Oh, I see," Mina quickly nodded, "I was going to ask why you were here alone."

Rose pointed towards the direction of the colorful yellow and red stand with a sign that said hotdogs far by the east of them.

"It over there. Do you want me to go ask my dad to get you one too?"

Mina hesitated, "No, but thanks I already had something. How long are you going to be out here?

"Till it gets dark, maybe, why?" Rose asked.

"Well, I wanted to hang out with you but my momma said I can't be out for too long." Mina said softly.

Rose sat up from her towel and motioned for Mina to sit next to her. Mina reluctantly did but kept her head down. Her black kinky braids cover her almond eyes and lay on her shoulders. Embarrassed at the fact that she's always mentioning about what her mother says she can't and can do.

Rose groaned, "What happened this time?"

And without delay Mina barked, "I have a ton of school work to do that I'd procrastinated on and my momma found out today."

"She allowed me to come hang out for a little but in a short while I'm leaving."

"Okay, that doesn't matter, I'm happy you're here!" Rose exclaimed and throw her arms around Mina's neck.

The girls chuckled to themselves as they fell to the side of towel from the impact. Rose got up and helped Mina up too. As some time passed, Mina asked Rose about which high school she would be attending the upcoming year.

"Stilwell High. It's in Jones bore county." Rose said.

"No way!" Mina yelped. "Me too!!"

"What, awesome we can totally see each other more often." Rose said in amusement.

"Definitely!" Mina replied then shoving pass Rose shouting, "Beat you to the water!" Sprinting towards it.

"Hey!" Rose grin.

Mina took off towards the crashing waves in full speed and Rose followed.

"Slow down, silly."

The wind carrying Rose voice in the air, echoing amongst the beach where a few parents and their children heard smiled.