>fifteen<

<song: Twice - ICON
(in case you can't see it) >

Saturday morning, a certain bird called Chaeyoung's sister who worked as a nurse chirped to Yiseul that a patient called Lee Heeseung was admitted to Itaewon Hospital on Thursday.

It didn't take much for the girl to pack her bag and head to the hospital, ready to kick some ass. Well, only lightly because the boy was in hospital for a reason.

When she arrived 30 minutes later than she intended to (why was there traffic on Saturday??), she stroded straight to the reception, greeting the nurse who sat there.
"Hello, I came to visit my classmate."

"You're lucky, visiting hours just started. What's the patient's name?"

"Lee Heeseung."

"Room 213 on the second floor. Don't make him upset or think too hard."

'Huh, weird' Yiseul thought but kept it to herself and only thanked the nurse before walking towards the staircase.

In room 213, three patients were present, laying in their beds. An elderly man was reading the newspaper, a man in his 30s was chatting with his visitors (his wife and a toddler) and a high schooler was sitting in his bed, counting the stripes on his blanket in order to kill time.

"Lee Heeseung?" A nurse entered the room and called out, looking around to search for the boy.
"You have a visitor. A classmate."

A smile stretched on Heeseung's face as he knew exactly who this classmate could be. Who would be stubborn enough to find out what really happened to Heeseung and crazy enough to go straight to the hospital instead of just texting him?

"Yiseul, hi! " He greeted the girl cheerfully as soon as she stepped in, an angry expression on her face.

"Cold in June, huh? Walking in the rain, huh? Do you think I'm stupid?" She complained, putting two notebooks on the bedside table before sitting down the chair beside his bed. She was about to throw the snack bar she brought with herself at Heeseung but the elderly man was staring at her weirdly from behind his glasses, making the girl change her plan and threw it into his lap instead.
"What do you really have?"

"Concussion. I fell down the stairs and hit myself unconscious." He grinned.

"Nice. And why couldn't you just simply tell me that instead of the cold bullshit?" Yiseul didn't even bat an eyelash when he heard the boy's real accident. It was just so Heeseung.

"It's not cool for a student coucil president to have concussion."

"It's also not cool for the student council president to forget about the National Day of Education and not come to school, but you still did it." She pointed out what happened last year, making Heeseung look away in embarrassment.

"There's a reason why I don't like being a student council president. There are way too many duties."

"That was literally the bare minimum but okay." Yiseul raised one of her eyebrows.
"So."

"So?" The boy glanced at her, curious.

"What's your excuse for ignoring my messages?"

"I- What?" Heeseung frowned, confused.
"I didn't ignore you. We texted then you ghosted me."

The half Japanese girl purposefully let the last sentence slip past her ears.
"No, I'm talking about the one I sent you on Thursday afternoon."

"Thursday afternoon...? Oh! About that..." Heeseung sheepishly scratched his nape.
"I forgot to ask my parents to bring me my charger so my battery died."