Memories

✧˚ · .

_________________
____________________________

"Dad?" I asked coming into the house library looking at my father. He is on the phone yelling.

"How did they found us?! This is not possible! If you could have done your work this never had happened !!!" He said and punched the wall in front of him leaving there a hole big enough for a mouse to go through. He ran his hand through his hair and moved around around from left to right like he can't stay still.

The door from the entrance opened loudly and one of my father's man came in panting.
"Boss, you must leave now! They are coming, you need to leave the country!"

My father turned around quickly. He spotted me barely standing in the room, hiding behind the wall.
He sighed and then returned his attention to the man in front of him. His expression changed from concern to anger in a second.

"Send 5 men at my house and get the snipers ready! Follow those bastard's moves! Idiots!" He yelled at the person behind the call and then threw the phone to the wall.

"Prepare the car." He said and the man that came in earlier nodded then left the house. My father looked at me and gave me a serious look. I flinched and clenched my shirt in my fist. I entered the library with my head down not wanting to look at my father. I stopped in front of him and let out a sight.

"Dad..... I'm sorry for eavesdropping but I need to know why you are so angry. What's going on?"
He looked so nervous and looked in other way. He put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm sorry beautiful, we must leave..." He said, his voice so broken. I never saw my father like this, in this state. He looks scared... and this makes me more scared.

"What?! Why? Dad..." I said, tears forming in my eyes making my vision blurry.

___________________________

I jumped out of bed panting. I tried to calm myself and try to think of something, anything so I don't zone out, because if I zone out now I think I'll stay captive there in my own mind for hours.

I approached my nightstand with shaking legs. My whole body feels numb and my throat is hurting from the countless times trying to catch air to breath. I looked at my phone on the nightstand, it's 4 in the morning.
I looked around like I wanted to find something, any sort of thing that I remember from the nightmare I had just now, but I know the best that I will never find what I am looking for...

I got out of the room with my hands on the wall trying to keep myself steady. Going down the stairs was even more difficult but I entered the kitchen eventually. I looked around to see if is anyone is awake. I don't want other people to see me like this.

I took a glass and poured water in it. I drank all the water like I didn't taste it in days. It made me feel a little better and the water is my best friend in this moment.  I put the glass in the sink and put a hand on my chest. Looks like my breathing became normal.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. For some sort of thing I felt my anxiety rising. This feeling made my body shiver and I finally felt the coldness of the floor. It's really cold down here than the temperature in my room. It's giving me goosebumps. I clenched my fists and turned around with my eyes closed. I breathed in and opened my eyes. A figure was leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed.

My breathing stopped and my eyes grew wide. The figure is too familiar for me, I know exactly who it is, but a little part in me still hopes is not him. I took a step back but got hit by the counter. I sweared in my mind and my hand clenched the counter behind me. The person didn't move and just looked at me.

"Nightmare?" He spoke and I was confirmed who it is. His low and cold voice echoed in my head again and again making me feel a shiver getting down my spine.

He walked towards me making me more scared. His intimidating presence was enough for me to want to leave but I still couldn't move a muscle. He stopped in front of me. Now I see his face and his shirtless body. His hair is scattered on his forehead and wearing just a pair of sweet pants is not helping my mind that right now is on alert.
I shut down my eyes again and waited for him to say or do something, but he didn't, he just stood in front of me staring, like I'm a puzzle. His blue eyes were looking at me like they can see every corner of my mind.

I lick my bottom lip that is dry from the dehydration feeling uncomfortable. His pupils dilated and now his eyes look more like curious than confused. I broke the eye contact and looked down.

"I'm sorry... for waking you up." I said and flinched. Even if he didn't done anything, not even lifting a finger.

He stood there for a couple of seconds before he turned his back on me walking away. My body relaxed and I lifted my head to look at him. His back muscles moved with every step he took. He is so intimidating not just because of his body, but because of his eyes.

"I wasn't sleeping." He said not looking back before he got out of the kitchen.

I let out a sight and realized my heart is beating too fast. The adrenaline I had earlier was no longer there and my body is starting to react to the earlier terror I felt. I poured another glass of water and drank it.

I looked around again and just got out of the kitchen and headed to my room. After climbing the stairs my vision became blurry. For a couple of seconds I stood where I was and blinked a couple of times. I know I am tired but it starts to become serious.

My vision became normal but my head started to hurt. I hate these nights. I entered my room and went to the bathroom. I took some sleeping pills and a pill for headache. I take sleeping pills four to five days a week. I am not addicted but I can for sure not give up on them now.

I swallowed the pills and flopped on my bed waiting for the pills to take effect.

__________________________
_________________

✧˚ · .