Red House

I'm in a room; the edges of my vision are blurred. My head is fuzzy and it feels almost like I'm experiencing things through someone else's body. It takes a while for me to collect myself enough to stand.

Glancing around I take in my surroundings. Every inch of the room and everything in it is colored bright red, save for dim yellow light produced by a clear glass chandelier. I stumbled across the room to what should have been a window with the curtains pulled shut. I tore back the curtains and found more wall behind them where a window would have been.

Thankfully, there was also a door which did lead out into a long hallway. Similar to the room everything was painted red. The hallways were lined with even more doors all of which were shut. I went door too door searching for a way out. None of the doors were locked and they all led to nicely furnished rooks.

What felt like hours passed and I had no luck finding my way out. I grew more discouraged as I opened door after miserable door. The only thing keeping me from giving up my seemingly futile search was the thought of "what would I do then, just lay there?".

At long last I heard a sound! It was a buzzing sound and I couldn't tell what it was, but that didn't matter. I ran toward it looking for anything other than the monotony that was this red house.

Finally I stood before another door. This was it! The sound was coming from behind this door! I opened it.

Frozen I realized in horror that I should not, could not be here. Before me stood an absolute monster of a man. He must of been close to seven feet tall. He stood shirtless facing away from me, his attention on his work. His skin was so pale I could see blue veins underneath.

The man finished his task and turn toward me. My breath caught in my throat. He has no eyes. The holes where his eyes should have been were crawling with flies. He didn't seem to care I was there as he pushed past me closing the door behind him.

I was left alone in the room. When I regained my senses I saw walls of the room were lined with perfect rows of human spines. Hundreds of them, cleaned and hung up carefully.

I collapses and visions flashed before my eyes! The house was red with blood and the walls filled with bodies. That's when I knew I would never leave this place.