𝐒𝐈𝐗

PAST

As the teenager laid in her bed she stared out the window as rain fell heavily. Raindrops sliding down the glass pane made the girl follow them as she just kept watching. The sound of her phone pinging was would brought her back to reality. Her arm stuck out of the duvet as she felt around for her phone on her bedside table.

Picking the phone up, she cringed at the brightness of her phone as she let us eyes adjust to it before reading the message on her phone.

MAKI ZENIN: are you still in bed???

CHIEKO SAITO: yes? it's the weekend? i want to rest.

MAKI ZENIN: dont care, didnt ask. OPEN UR DOOR.

CHIEKO SAITO: ihy
(READ)

Chieko scoffed at the fact her friend ignored her message but as she stared at her phone in disbelief she heard noise outside of her door. Straining her ears she heard whispering coming from three voices. The girl rolled her eyes at her of group of friends as she shuffled over to the door and opened it for them. The four of her friends beamed at her as they walked in.

Panda threw himself onto the girl's bed, Maki followed after and sat on her office chair whilst Inumaki sat on the floor and rested his head against Chieko's bed. It was only Yuta who was still stood at the entrance, he turned to look back at Chieko with a smile as he waited for her to close her bedroom door. Returning his smile, she took his hand and pulled him over to bed and pushed Panda's legs out of the way and sat down. Yuta followed her and sat next to her, due to the space that Panda was taking the two special grade sorcerers were awfully close to eachother.

"You look tired." Maki told her friend as she took off her glasses and placed them on the desk, "The Higher ups better not be making you work so hard. They forget you are still a student. Assholes."

"Just haven't been sleeping well." Chieko told her as she yawned, and rested her head on Yuta's shoulder.

Yuta quietly asked her, "Have you gone to Shoko about it? It might be because of your Cursed Technique." Chieko looked up at him, his face full of concern as he looked down at her.

"I'm strong enough. I promise you I will be fine once I start sleeping longer. But thank you for the concern." She leaned into his chest, a small smile on her face as he put a hand on her head to comfort her. Lightly playing with her hair he also had a small smile on his face.

But both of their smiles were removed of their faces when the voice of Panda interrupted them, "Are you like in love or something?"

Chieko's head went backwards she glared daggers at the animal who even dared to speak those words. She crawled over to him and flickered him on the head letting the cursed corpse yelp out in pain and cower away from the girl as he rubbed his head.

"You can't go saying stuff like that Panda!" She scowled him as she returned back to where she sat, avoiding looking at Yuta so he wouldn't see her red cheeks from what Panda had just said.

"You didn't deny it." Maki sung out she smirked at her friend's red cheeks. She moved her head to the side when she saw the pillow flying at her, only laughing at the fact that neither of them still had denied it. Only the fact they both had red faces was the answer.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Chieko should have listened to Yuta, she should have gone to Shoko about her lack of sleep because she now somehow found herself bedridden with the flu. The girl knew she could have been able to prevent this happening by listening to Yuta but she seriously did believe that she was going to be fine, but she had obviously been wrong in the end.

Shoko had ordered the girl to stay in her bed for the next week to catch up sleep and build her strength back up to fight off the flu in her system. It had been two days since she had been confined to her bedroom and staring at the ceiling was starting to bore the teenager.

It was either scroll mindlessly through her social media or sleep and she couldn't be bothered to pick her phone up so she chose the second option and pulled the duvet over her head to try to fall asleep. But she just for some reason couldn't. She tried everything but nothing worked.

Taking a breath in, she sat up. Staring at her lap furiously as she questioned why she couldn't sleep. The sound of knocking at her door actually filled with her joy, she was finally able to have human interaction.

Bundling herself in her blanket, she waddled to the door and pulled it open. Yuta stood there, he awkwardly smiled at her as he lifted a carrier bag up. Peeking inside the bag, Chieko saw snacks and drinks, she grinned at him. And quickly looked down the corridor to see if anyone was around, and then she pulled him inside.

Waddling back to the bed, she got herself comfy and shuffled over. Patting next to her so Yuta could join her. The boy hesitated but Chieko only nodded at him with a bright smile.

He finally allowed himself to lay next to her, putting the bag by the side of the bed. As he gets comfortable, the girl puts her head on his chest and cuddles into him. Closing her eyes as she starts to speak to him, "Are you enjoying it here? I mean like the school. Do you like us?"

"Hmm, of course...It's much better than my old school. I don't get bullied here and I don't have to worry about feeling like I don't know what is happening with me now that Gojo is helping me figure out to use Rika to my advantage."

A small smile appears on the girl's face at the answer, she was really glad that he was comfortable around them all. He had changed so much in such a little time but the change really shone through.

"I'm glad."

Yuta looked down at the smiling girl, a small smile also appearing on his face as he quietly asked, "Why did you ask?"

"You have changed so much since you first started. You were so timid and absolutely terrified you were going to harm us but I think you realised that we can protect ourselves and if not then Gojo comes to the rescue." She sat up and her face was inches away when she saw that he had a frown on his face, her hand lifted to his cheek and she smiled, "Why do you frown?"

"I am still fearful that I will hurt you." He avoided eye contact with her as he cast his eyes down to his lap. Chieko lifted his chin up and shook her head at his worries.

"You won't. I trust you. And Gojo trusts you enough to let you around us. If he didn't then you wouldn't have been enrolled in our school." She wrapped her arms around him as she hugged him tightly.

After a few moments, Yuta relaxed in her arms and returned the hug. Once they let go of each other, they just smiled at each other. Chieko changed the conversation to take the thoughts of harming his friends off of Yuta's mind.

The girl went back to lying on his chest as they talked to each other, her eyes starting to droop. And soon she had fallen asleep in Yuta's arms.

He smiled down at her once he had realised that she had fallen asleep, his fingers running through her hair as he watched her sleep. A slight bit of embarrassment ran through him once he realised what he was doing but he shook it off and slowly slid out from under her. He tried his hardest to not disturb her but once he got to the bedroom door to leave he heard her call out to him.

Looking back at her, he saw tiredly looking at him and she patted her bed again, and with a sleepy tone she asked, "Sleep here tonight. I need the warmth, this building is far too cold for someone who needs to sweat out a flu."

He quietly laughed at her, making sure her bedroom door was locked and then he joined her. The two of them fell asleep in each other's arms and for the first time in the longest time they both had the most fulfilling sleep.

a/n;
this chapter is lowkey so short which i apologise about👎🏻
but
thank you for reading <3