Nurses and The dream

"Time to take your medicine!" Nurse sally said so happily as she slammed the door open. I quickly got off my bed and walked over to her. Nurse sally, a nurse that works at the facility I'm currently living in, had a computer head and a sort of maid outfit on. She's holding a needle, like she's done for the past week, to stab in my arm. I sat down on a chair near her and she put the needle into my arm. No matter how many times she does this I always jump when she sticks me. 

"There you go my dear! Enjoy it! Remember to always be Happy! Happy... Happy..." She said in a joyful voice that kept getting deeper. I asked her many times why her voice was like that, but she always looked so sacred  and would run out of room like if she saw a ghost. I was confused at first, but just learned to brush it off. After she left, I got up from my chair and went back to my bed. It wasn't  much of a bed, but it was colorful, the kind of bed I haven't seen since I was a 5 year old. The bedsheets even matched the walls with tiny green frogs and flowers. The only form of entertainment was a small TV mounted in the corner. 

I laid back in my bed staring at my ceiling . "what is happy, ceiling? I've been in here for a week now and that's all they ever talk about. 'Oh, Be happy!' 'Always be happy!'. "What is happy? My mom sent me here for them to make me happy? So that I can learn to be happy? It doesn't make any sense". So many questions and it felt like time was running out on me. 

I closed my eyes, letting my thoughts circulate over and over until it all faded to black. I opened my eyes and my room was gone. I was in a hallway that had familiar patterns on it. When I tired to focus on the patterns, everything became blurry. Suddenly, I heard my moms voice, yelling to me from afar. "What did I deserve to have a son like you!! Why cant you be normal!! Be happy for once! BE HAPPY!!". I'm lying down when people with bunny masks and lab coats appeared out of nowhere, yelling at me, "BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! DONT YOU WANT YOUR MOM TO BE HAPPY''. 

I screamed until I  jolted awake. Nurses came into my room to see what was wrong. Each one of them had a computer head, like nurse sally. Whatever this place is and whatever it's doing to me, It was becoming a nightmare. I knew I needed to be happy but I was sure that I would never find it here. I needed to escape.